ArtLifting for West Elm - Christina Constantine, Sand Under the Microscope
Christina Constantine is a New York City-based artist who works in different mediums and with different materials including exploration with watercolors, makeup, berries, foil and most recently creating drawings with thread. Sand Under the Microscope showcases one of the many focuses of Christina’s work, presenting color in unique ways.
- Print of an original painting by Christina Constantine.
- Printed on 100% cotton fine art paper.
- Printed in San Leandro, CA.
- Learn more about Christina and her work on our blog.
- Meet the Maker
The Artist: Christina Constantine is a New York City-based artist who explores different mediums and materials including watercolors, makeup, berries, foil and most recently creating drawings with thread. For the past 14 years, Christina has been an artist in residence at The Living Museum in New York and her work has been shown in many international exhibitions. Christina has been using art as meditation for over 50 years and believes the “joyful process of creating artwork has been a healing practice in anxious times, and a surrender to peace in challenging times.”
ArtLifting: Since 2013 ArtLifting has been dedicated to empowering artists living with homelessness or disabilities through the celebration and sale of their artwork. Not only does ArtLifting give its artists a path to financial stability, but it gives them community, a space to cultivate their art. ArtLifting uses its “business for good” with proceeds going to the artists themselves and toward strengthening art service agencies, shelters and disability centers across the country. Today, ArtLifting is doing this important and uplifting work in 19 cities across the United States.
- Shipping + Return Info
Shipping + Delivery
Please enter your zip code on the product page or in cart for a delivery date estimate based on your location. The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping options. View Shipping Rates and Options.
You can return eligible items within 30 days of receiving an order for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Prior purchases are not eligible for price adjustments.
How to return:
- Return to Stores: You can return most non-furniture items to your local west elm store for free.
- UPS: For items under 70 lbs, you can print a return label from our Returns Policy page and bring to a UPS location.
- For furniture and other oversized items that are not Made-to-Order, please contact our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119.
Items not eligible for return:
- Made-to-Order (MTO) items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
what makes west elm different?
born in brooklyn + lives on with you
In our studios, we design 90% of the products we sell—allowing us to create exclusive designs and source the best materials at a great value.
We prioritize using Sustainably Sourced Woods and Organic Cotton, and work with Fair Trade factories that protect workers and improve lives.
Our FREE on-staff Design Crew at every west elm store is here to help you create a space you love, from creating room plans to choosing fabrics.