Mud Witch Mug
After taking a ceramics class to work through her grief from her father's passing, Viviana Matsuda soon started Mud Witch as both a therapeutic release and a way to create forms people connect with. Inspired by the diversity of the human form, this mug has a hand-pleasing curvy shape and is finished with a softly colored yellow glaze.
- Created by Mud Witch. Learn more.
- 6"w x 6"d x 3.5"h.
- Clay with a Chamomile glaze.
- Hand thrown and glazed in San Francisco, CA.
- Meet the Maker
Viviana Matsuda started taking ceramics classes after her father, a ceramicist, passed away and left behind his pottery supplies. After one session she was hooked on the therapeutic relief working with clay offered. She started Mud Witch and now ceramics is her life—creating fun forms that people connect with.
Maker: Mud Witch
I create: Pottery
I use: Clay + glaze
Based in: San Francisco, CA
Favorite local hangout: Lands End is my favorite spot to hike and refresh. It has amazing views and I love to listen to the waves crash.
Design should be: Mood changing
See more of what I make: @mud.witch
- Shipping + Return Info
Shipping + Delivery
Please enter your zip code on the product page or in cart for a delivery date estimate based on your location. The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping options. View Shipping Rates and Options.
You can return eligible items within 30 days of receiving an order for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Prior purchases are not eligible for price adjustments.
How to return:
- Return to Stores: You can return most non-furniture items to your local west elm store for free.
- UPS: For items under 70 lbs, you can print a return label from our Returns Policy page and bring to a UPS location.
- For furniture and other oversized items that are not Made-to-Order, please contact our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119.
Items not eligible for return:
- Made-to-Order (MTO) items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
what makes west elm different?
born in brooklyn + lives on with you
In our studios, we design 90% of the products we sell—allowing us to create exclusive designs and source the best materials at a great value.
We prioritize using Sustainably Sourced Woods and Organic Cotton, and work with Fair Trade factories that protect workers and improve lives.
Our FREE on-staff Design Crew at every west elm store is here to help you create a space you love, from creating room plans to choosing fabrics.