LOCAL Experiences – Punch Needle Textiles with Pamela Wiley – Savannah, GA
Earn $25 in rewards for every $250 spent on your west elm credit card. Learn More >
Pamela Wiley will guide and teach you the technique of punch needle embroidery to create a hand-tufted textile composition. Students will explore tufting techniques with wool yarns to create a variety of textures to depict a unique textile design. Participants will be shown how to stretch their textile.
Duration: 3 hours, 6-9pm Weekdays, 11-2pm Saturday
Location: Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Collaborative Learning Center, Lily Pad Room (Weekdays) and Room 122 (Saturday)
Address: 227 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31401 view map
What we’ll provide: Needlepunch tool, frame, backing fabric, water soluble marker, yarn, scissors, basket of assorted yarn weights, colors, etc. Each student will wind off yarn onto their own spool to create a palette for use at their workstation.
What you’ll need: We will be indoors in a classroom setting, please wear something comfortable to sit in. You must bring ID to show SCAD security at the building entrance.
Max Group Size: 5
- Meet the LOCAL Host
SCAD Fibers Professor Emerita Pamela Wiley is an artist based in coastal Georgia, on Tybee Island. Wiley has been engaged in textile and fiber processes since childhood, receiving a BA in Art Education from FSU, and a MFA in Fibers from Cranbrook Academy of Art. Recently retired from 24 years of teaching at Savannah College of Art and Design in the Fibers Department, she pursues her love of all things textile-based-and-thread-enhanced while investigating the social, cultural, and personal potential of cloth.
- Terms and Conditions
- In order to participate in a Local Experience, you will be required to sign a waiver upon check in for the event.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older.
- No refunds or cancellations by participants will be accepted.
- In case of inclement weather or other reasons the host deems necessary, the Local Experience may be cancelled. In this event, the customer will be fully refunded.
- west elm strives to ensure that all of our customers, including those with disabilities and their companions, receive an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the goods, facilities, privileges and services we provide, including those provided by west elm Local Experiences. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance if you have a disability or other special need, so that we can determine how best to provide an appropriate accommodation.