Ombre Mural Wallpaper
Limited time only: Earn 20% back in Reward Dollars* on every purchase. Ends 5.27. Learn More >
Our Ombre Mural Wallpaper is an easy way to add color that doesn't overwhelm. Installation is straightforward yet involved—rolls come pre-pasted with adhesive and require water to activate and hang—perfect for DIYers and project lovers.
- Pre-pasted wallpaper; requires water to active glue.
- Dimensions per roll: 26"w x 11'h.
- Coverage per roll: 24'sq.
- Rolls sold individually.
- PVC-free renewable wood fiber based substrate certified by Greenguard and to Forest Stewardship Council® standards.
- Meets rigorous standards for low VOC-emissions.
- See Details + Dimensions tab for hanging instructions and roll needs calculation.
- For best results, professional installation is recommended.
- Strip to remove.
- Made in the USA.
- Details + Dimensions
- Each panel measures approximately 26"w x 11'h.
- Before ordering, measure your wall space to determine how many panells you'll need. When ordering round up by 15% to accommodate pattern alignment.
- The surface should be sound, clean, smooth and primed (and fully cured according to the manufacturer's instructions) for optimum results. Do not install on an already wallpapered surface.
- Apply water on back of each panel/strip with a roller or submerse each panel/strip in a wallpaper tray to activate adhesive.
- "Book" the wallpaper by folding the paste side on itself. Avoid creasing the wallpaper. 1. Fold the bottom end to about one-half of the way up the paper. 2. Fold the top down just to meet that point. 3. With the pasted sides together, fold the strip in half or roll it up loosely and set it aside to relax for approximately 3 minutes.
- Unfold one side of the panel/strip and position the paste side along the top of the surface being covered.
- When positioned correctly, unfold the balance of the panel/strip and smooth downward and outward on the surface with a broad smoothing brush or damp sponge. Small bubbles will dissipate on their own as the surface dries.
- You are ready to install the next panel/strip. It is recommended to overlap and double cut the seams and remove the trim to create a butt seam.
- To remove, start at the top of the wallpaper and carefully separate a full width strip about 8" down from the top away from the surface. If beginning the removal process you are unable to separate the paper from the surface, apply water with a damp sponge to moisten the paper surface. With both hands, slowly pull the paper at a downward angle. Any remaining adhesive can be removed with a damp sponge.
what makes west elm different?
born in brooklyn + lives on with you
In our studios, we design 90% of the products we sell—allowing us to create exclusive designs and source the best materials at a great value.
We prioritize using Sustainably Sourced Woods and Organic Cotton, and work with Fair Trade factories that protect workers and improve lives.
Our FREE on-staff Design Crew at every west elm store is here to help you create a space you love, from creating room plans to choosing fabrics.