Smart Garden Seeds
Earn $25 in rewards for every $250 spent on your west elm credit card. Learn More >
Designed for use with the Click and Grow Smart Garden planter (sold separately), these plant pods are specially designed to guarantee that your favorite herbs or greens get ample air and nutrients to grow and thrive—no green thumb, pesticides or harmful substances necessary.
- Coordinates with the Click and Grow Smart Garden planter (sold separately).
- No GMOs, herbicides or pesticides.
- Sold as sets of 3.
- Made in Estonia.
- Details + Dimensions
PLANT CARE + INSTRUCTIONS
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79℉ (26℃).
- If multiple seeds germinate in each pod, leave one seedling to grow per plant pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Tomatoes love warmth and hate sudden temperature changes e.g. cool breeze. They grow well, however, in hot climates and at temperatures such as 86℉ (30℃).
- Do not cut or prune your Mini Tomato plant before fruiting - it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering, it’s little yellow flowers need to be pollinated by hand to produce fruit. Do this by gently shaking your plants to mimic a bee or use your hand or a small brush to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Basil likes to be cut! You can start trimming your plants approximately one month after planting. You may remove single leaves occasionally... But, for more thriving growth, pinching off the whole tip is recommended - it will grow two new shoots in a week.
- Trimming your plant will also delay flowering and prevents the taste from becoming bitter. It is up to you - if you want to see the white flowers, don’t cut your plant anymore. If you would like to keep harvesting the leaves, continue trimming.
- Please note that basil is an annual plant. It does not last forever. If it has been over twelve weeks and the plant looks aged, it is time to replace the pod.
- If multiple seeds germinate per pod, leave up to two seedlings to grow per pod. This ensures there is enough space and nutrients for the plants to grow.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. You can do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- If your plant has given you the first harvest, just trim old leaves and fruit stems from the bottom of the stem. New green leaves and flowers will emerge soon.
- Cilantro in meant to be grown for fresh leaves, not for seeds.
- Cilantro may grow slowly and sideways at the beginning. Growth will soon accelerate and the plants will grow upwards again.
- You can start harvesting single outer leaves approximately one month after planting - your plant will produce more from its growing point.
- The whole plant pod should be harvested in approximately two months.
- Some seeds may take up to four weeks to sprout.
- Rosemary is a bit slow at the beginning... But once it gets going it will quickly grow a lot of stems.
- In two months it should be ready for first harvesting. Gently trim off the tips of the plant leaving at least four pairs of true leaves to grow. More will appear soon!
- Green Lettuce is a heat sensitive plant that germinates faster and produces more growth if grown at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C). If the temperature is higher than 75°F (24°C) then germination is inhibited and plants tend to bolt, which may cause the flavor to become bitter.
- It is an annual plant and has the best nutritional value 30 to 35 days after the pod has been planted. Start using lettuce leaves before the plant ages and loses its signature flavor.
- We recommend harvesting the whole pod at once, approximately 30 to 35 days after planting.
- You may also harvest gradually, starting approximately 25 days after planting by picking off the larger outer leaves first. Cut off single leaves gradually by moving towards the heart of the plant until the pod is maximum 40 days old.
- Lettuce plants older than 40 days will no longer yield and there is no point transplanting them.
- Peppermint is a bit slow at the beginning but once it gets going it will quickly grow a lot of stems. In approximately one month it should be ready for first harvesting.
- Make sure your Peppermint does not reach the lamp! Stems that have reached the lamp may get burnt and turn brown.
- If some lower leaves age and turn brown, feel free to cut the stem off - new stems will grow soon.
- An experimental plant pod contains no seeds.
- The pod contains plant food that lasts for up to 4-6 months.
- This pod allows you to grow any plant you wish to experiment with. All you have to do is add the seed of your chosen plant to the pod and start growing.
- Suggested number of seeds per pod: edible greens 3 to 5 seeds, fruiting plants 2 to 3 seeds and for herbs 10 to 20 seeds.
- The number of seeds also depends on germination rate (written on your seed package) and personal preference.
- Lavender's growth may be slow at the beginning but once it gets going it will quickly produce a lot of stems.
- In approximately one month it should be ready for the first harvesting of leaves. Gently trim off the tips of the plant, leaving at least two pairs of true leaves to grow. There will be more soon!
- Cutting is the key to green lavender's growth!
- If you want your Lavender to bloom - don't cut it! Feel free, however, to cut it back after flowering. New green growth will appear soon.
- Romaine Lettuce is a heat sensitive plant that germinates faster and produces more growth if grown at 64 to 72°F (18 to 22°C). If the temperature is above 75°F (24°C) then germination is inhibited and the plants tend to bolt, causing the flavor to become bitter.
- It is an annual plant and has the best nutritional value 30 to 35 days after the pod is planted. Start using lettuce leaves before it ages and loses its signature flavor.
- We recommend harvesting the whole pod at once, 30 to 35 days after planting.
- Alternatively, you may harvest gradually, starting at around 25 days by picking off the larger outer leaves first. Cut off single leaves gradually by moving towards the heart of the plant until the pod is a maximum of 40 days old.
- Plants older than 40 days will not produce any more yield and there is no reason to transplant lettuce plants.
- Shipping + Returns
FRONT DOOR DELIVERY
With Front Door Delivery, your item ships from our Distribution Center by UPS and arrives to your home within 4-5 business days of order receipt.
UPS STANDARD DELIVERY + PROCESSING CHARGES
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping options. Visit our Shipping Information Page for more information.
Add $6 for each gift wrap. For next day delivery, add $26.00 per address. Items shipped directly from the manufacturer and oversized items are not eligible for next day delivery.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY + PROCESSING
For an extra charge of $26.00 per address, within the contiguous 48 states, we can arrange for next day delivery to most destinations. If we receive your order by 6pm PT Monday through Friday, you'll receive your order the next business day; orders placed on Friday after 6pm PT through Sunday will arrive on Tuesday. Note: Next day delivery service is not available for out-of-stock items, personalized items or for items shipped directly from the vendor.
You can return eligible items within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items and Made-to-Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before starting the process.
How to return:
- Return to Stores: You can return most non-furniture items to your local west elm store for free.
- UPS: For items under 70 lbs, you can print a return label from our Returns Policy page and bring to a UPS location.
- For furniture and other oversized items that are not Made-to-Order, please contact our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119.
Items not eligible for return:
- Made-to-Order (MTO) items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Drop Ship items, with the exception of wall art
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
- For full details, please visit our Returns Policy page.
- For further assistance, please call our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119 or send an email to email@example.com.
what makes west elm different?
born in brooklyn + lives on with you
In our studios, we design 90% of the products we sell—allowing us to create exclusive designs and source the best materials at a great value.
We prioritize using Sustainably Sourced Woods and Organic Cotton, and work with Fair Trade factories that protect workers and improve lives.
Our FREE on-staff Design Crew at every west elm store is here to help you create a space you love, from creating room plans to choosing fabrics.