Metal Deco Candles
Pineapple Candle - Palm Gardens
Rove Metal Candles
Modern Glass Candles
- Crackle Jar Candles - Winter White $19
- Apotheke Pur Collection Diffusers $39
- Modern Elements Diffusers $29
- Rove Two-Wick Candles $39
Angled Metal Mini Candles
- Rove Votive Candles $19
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Canvas $16 – $29
- Pineapple Candle $29
- Essential Oils $20 – $59
- Apothecary Incense $20
- Modern Elements Candles - Large $49
- Ona Diffuser $79
- Lava Rock Diffuser $69
- YIELD Double Wall Candles $38
- Modern Elements Candles - Small $29
Rewined Candles - Green
- Angled Metal Homescent Collection - Tonka Noir $34 – $39
- Angled Metal Homescent Collection - Bergamot $34 – $39
- Pineapple Candle - Fruit Julep $16
Rewined Candles - Clear
Tin Glaze Incense Burners
- Free Shipping
- Apotheke Pur Candles $34
- Black + White Speckled Glass Homescent Collection - Black Bergamot $24 – $59
Caged Glass Candles
- Free Shipping
- White + Gold Candle - Smoked Tonka $39 – $54
- Signature Glass Candle $59 Sale $39.99
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Glow $26 – $32
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Lake $16 – $32
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Linen $16 – $32
Naturalist Homescent Room Spray - Dawn
- Free Shipping
- Mojave Glass Candles $34 Sale $12.99
- Novelty Lidded Candles $24 Sale $9.99
- Illusionist Mirror Incense Burner $19 Sale $9.99
- Rewined Barrel Candles $32 Sale $12.99 – $32
- Angled Metal Round Candles $34
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Spruce $26 – $32 Sale $9.99 – $12.99
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Hearth $16 – $32 Sale $9.99 – $19.99
- Optic Geo Holiday Candles $19 Sale $12.99
- Floating Glass Candles $39 Sale $24.99
- Pineapple Diffuser $39 Sale $29.99
- Love is Love Candle $24 Sale $14.99
- Naturalist Homescent Collection - Woods $16 – $26 Sale $5.99 – $9.99
- Marbled Homescent Collection - Perle Noire $29 Sale $19.99
8 Scents to Boost Your Mood
Our sense of smell is underrated. We look at mountaintops and feel exhilarated. We eat nourishing food to comfort us. Classical music relaxes us, while rap music energizes. Velvet feels lovely to our sense of touch.
But what about scent?
Warm, cool, passionate, calm, fresh and mouthwatering are just some ways scented candle users describe their mood when they light candles. Injecting scent into a room creates a kind of magic, but did you know it also stimulates brain activity? It's why we smell something that triggers a memory or a special person or place.
Here is a list of popular candle scents and their properties, to activate your 'scent sense' and help you choose your favorites:
Nothing beats the pungent smell of freshly squeezed lemons to lift your mood. Lemon is popular for its citrusy, uplifting scent that reminds you of kitchen delights. The zesty and zingy scent helps promote concentration and clarity, useful when you're feeling angry, anxious or run down. Plus, it smells lemony and delicious.
Beautifully fragrant, lavender is a favorite scent that's subtle, calming and relaxing. Did you know that in ancient times, pillows were filled with lavender flowers to help the restless fall asleep? It's now thought that the lavender scent might slow the nervous system, improve anxiety and create more stable moods. Lavender has a soothing effect on nerves and can relieve tension as well as help calm headaches and migraines. Light a lavender candle before bedtime and sleep well.
Jasmine is also used to help calm nerves and its exotic scent works its magic to help lift you out of bad moods and produce feelings of optimism, revitalized energy and confidence. Jasmine is warm, passionate and beautiful. Its floral fragrance can intoxicate, spreading its lovely scent across your home. Jasmine is grown in exotic lands and reminds one of life abroad or trips to wonderful, far-away places.
Herbal rosemary has been used as a mood enhancer for centuries. Its fragrance is strong and sharp and mixes well with scents including eucalyptus, cedarwood and thyme. If you're feeling overwhelmed, confused or indecisive, the soothing aroma of rosemary can help clear your head, improve your mood and set you on your merry way.
Want some spice? Cinnamon is your scent. It's alluring. It beckons. Cinnamon is a popular choice, especially during days of autumn and winter, when you put a simmering pot of hot soup on the stove or bake a fresh apple crumble. Excite your senses and put on some salsa music: cinnamon's stimulating properties can help fight fatigue and improve concentration.
Peppermint is a fresh air refuge. It's clean, fresh and strong without being overly sweet. Peppermint is a great 'masker' of odors, whether it's dogs, cats, or kids' dirty clothes. Peppermint can help change your bad mood to a good one. When a person smells peppermint, a message is sent to the brain which releases mood-determining hormones into the body. It can also help with depression, boost your energy and stimulate creative thinking.
Not many people can resist the rich, sweet smell of vanilla. It's wonderfully enjoyable and relaxing. Vanilla reminds one of baked cookies: pure, simple and delicious. Vanilla is not subtle, but not overwhelming, either. Like your favorite vanilla ice cream, it's elegant and uncomplicated and fills the room with warmth.
Walks through the woods after the first snowfall. The perfect forest on a sun-filled morning. Your Christmas tree. The smell of pine is like a nature celebration of clean and fresh. The power of the pine scent is its ability to refresh any space with pure, odor-eliminating fragrance. It wakes you, energizes you and makes you feel alive.
Aromas have a huge effect on our mood and can make us feel calm, romantic, or upbeat. From fresh citrus to exotic spice, scented candles add to our quality of life in subtle and unexpected ways. Soak in a vanilla tub and your stress melts away. Light a lavender bedside candle and let the scent lull you to sleep. The next morning, put on a lemony diffuser to give you a positive attitude for the day ahead. Scented candles add much to your mood and well-being and the lovely objects bring beauty to your home.