Bold Double Old-Fashioned Glassware (Set Of 4)
Modern Colored Glassware (Set of 4)
Bormioli Rocco Bodega Glassware Set
- Craft Beer Glassware (Set of 3) $39 Special $27
Trapeze Glassware (Set of 4)
- Heavy Stackable Glasses (Set of 4) $24 Special $16
- Schott Zwiesel Distil Glassware (Set of 2) $44 Special $30
- Bormioli Rocco Cassiopea Glassware (Set of 6) $30 Special $21
Moscow Mule Mug
- Schott Zwiesel Tritan Pure Punch Bowl $190 Special $133
- Schott Zwiesel Concerto Punch Bowl Set $290 Special $203
5 Refreshing Drink Recipes
On a hot summer day, there's nothing better than enjoying a cool and refreshing beverage. Additionally, sometimes a refreshing drink after a long day of work really hits the spot. Whatever the occasion, you'll find the perfect cups and mugs to hold the drinks of your choice among the selection of everyday and casual glassware available at west elm. We carry an assortment of glassware in different shapes, sizes, colors and materials to suit your unique style. Here are five non-alcoholic drink recipes that you can serve up to your friends and family, or that you can treat yourself to on a warm, sunny afternoon.
While lemonade is a solid, go-to drink when you need a refreshment, you can brighten up this classic drink with the sweet taste of strawberries. The recipe below makes a pitcher of strawberry lemonade.
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed and halved strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold water
1. Combine the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into a blender and puree until the strawberries have a smooth consistency.
2. Force the pureed strawberries through a fine sieve to remove any seeds.
3. In a large pitcher, combine the strawberry puree, water, remaining lemon juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Taste, add more sugar if desired, and serve over ice in your favorite glassware.
Sparkling Thyme Lemonade
For another, more refined twist on lemonade, try a pitcher of sparkling thyme lemonade. The carbonation of this drink and the slight minty taste of the thyme will perk you right up.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups Club Soda
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
1. To make thyme syrup, combine water, sugar and thyme in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Do not stir.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer until all of the sugar has dissolved, which will take around three minutes.
3. Let cool and remove the thyme.
4. In a large pitcher, combine the cooled syrup with lemon juice and chilled Club Soda. Enjoy in a tall glass.
Peach Bellini Mocktails
Enjoy the peachy goodness of this popular alcoholic drink without the alcohol. Peach bellini mocktails are super simple to make and even easier to indulge in. The recipe below will make two peach bellini's, so adjust as desired.
- 2 peeled peaches with the pit removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 can Ginger Ale
- 1 cup ice
- Peach slices or mixed berries for garnish
1. Puree the peaches in a blender while adding in the lime juice and ice.
2. Pour into clear glassware so that the beautiful peach color shows through. Add half a can of Ginger Ale into each glass.
3. Garnish with sliced peaches, mixed berries or both!
Watermelon and Pomegranate Slushie
On a hot day, it really doesn't get any more refreshing than a slushie. Make two servings of an anti-oxidant rich and beautifully red watermelon and pomegranate slushie with the recipe below.
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup ice
1. Combine watermelon, ice cubes and pomegranate juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into any glass of your choosing, top with a straw and enjoy!
Mint-Lime Iced Tea
No list of refreshing drinks would be complete without a minty drink. With this recipe, you can use your favorite white or green tea to make a cooling mint-lime iced tea for all of your guests to enjoy.
- 8 cups water
- 8 white or green tea bags
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1. Bring water to a simmer over high heat in a medium pot.
2. Remove from heat, add mint and your favorite tea bags, and allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and discard. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves completely.
4. Let the tea cool to room temperature, then move to the refrigerator and let it continue cooling for at least another hour.
5. When ready to serve, remove the mint and add lime juice. Serve in clear or colorful glassware.
Making non-alcoholic drinks can be just as fun as putting together alcoholic beverages. In fact, it's usually even easier and the resulting drinks can be enjoyed by everyone. Try out the five recipes above, and your drinks are sure to become a hit at parties and gatherings, especially in the summer.