All The Kinds of Console Tables You Need
A home full of thoughtfully-appointed tables lets you sail through tasks, indulge in fine meals and discover new ways to create design centerpieces and tableaus. Find your table nirvana with console tables of every kind. Serve brunch, store--or pull out--spirits, organize plates, dishes and serveware or simply adorn with a table lamp and candles for a gentle glow upon coming home. Console tables are the solution to a number of your design needs across the rooms of your home.
The Classic Console
The classic console table is a staple in the modern home. This tall, narrow table looks chic anywhere you place because of its unique proportions and convenient surfaces.
- Place one in an entryway. Consoles usually end up being the common repository for keys, wallets and daily essentials of every type.
- When entertaining, lay out extras like napkins, party plates or cups and other small serveware basics.
- As the seasons change, this is the perfect place for centerpieces that celebrate holidays or your favorite months. Botanical arrangements and plants in vases always look good here, too.
The Buffet Table for Perfect Brunches
The buffet is more substantial take on the console table. These sturdier furnishings are wider and a bit shorter than the traditional console for a more cabinet-like look.
- The purpose of a buffet is often to spread out an array of appetizer platters and cooked or cold dishes in serveware. Buffets are a necessity if you do a lot of casual entertaining or large family dinners.
- The buffet is a chance to make a statement with your furniture. These pieces can match your dining set of table and chairs or become a signature element with mid-century details, craftsman design techniques or post-modern finishes.
- If you have a traditional utensil service or fine cutlery you only use for special occasions, get a buffet with drawers.
A Versatile Bar Cabinet
The close relative of the buffet and its own kind of console is the bar cabinet. This is the piece of furniture that often makes people feel like they have arrived at a significant home milestone.
Now, you can entertain in style, store your favorite beverages in a designed area for fun and convenience and set up a station for friends to gather and mingle. Whether you choose to serve or not is up to you. Bar console tables also make excellent additional kitchen storage.
A sustainable storage piece. Our Alexa Coffee Table is crafted from solid, reclaimed pine and features a wide open shelf perfect for storing extra books, magazines + knick knacks. 48"w x 24"d x 17"h. Reclaimed pine. Honey finish. Metal hardware in a Brass finish. Made in Vietnam.
We designed the Anton Media Console to showcase its rich, natural wood grain and thoughtful craftsmanship. Crafted from durable, solid mango wood, it’s detailed with softly eased edges, simple slab legs and inset drawer pulls. Four deep drawers and two compartments with shelves provide plenty of storage. We love the ...
Rustic meets relaxed. Made from unfinished reclaimed pine ...
Rustic meets relaxed. Made from unfinished reclaimed pine certified to Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC) standards, the Emmerson® Buffet shows the knots and natural imperfections that make each piece subtly one of a kind. 53.5"w x 17.7"d x 32"h. Your purchase of this FSC-certified product helps support forests and ecosystems ...