Organize Your Home with Modern Wall Shelves
When designing a room layout, storage space is key. Save the floor space for furniture and create extra storage in any room with modern wall shelves. These hanging shelves add function to any empty wall by creating a space to organize and display your favorite items.
Types of Wall Shelves
Though all are contemporary in style, modern wall shelves do not all look alike. They come in a variety of styles to suit any modern home.
- Floating wall shelves are very popular in contemporary homes. With the mounting brackets completely hidden, these shelves look sleek and stylish.
- Wire wall shelves wipe clean easily, making them a great choice for bathrooms or laundry rooms. The shiny stainless steel adds a striking modern touch to these spaces.
- Shelves with cabinets offer the best of both worlds, with ample open shelving and at least one cabinet. Decorative items can be displayed on the shelves while clutter is hidden away behind the opaque cabinet door.
- Geometric wall shelves are unique design pieces that look gorgeous in modern living spaces. These shelves come in shapes like circles and offer plenty of storage space.
Styling Your Modern Shelves
Once the shelves are up, it's time to take advantage of this new storage space. Make an impact by filling your shelves with a mix of functional and decorative items.
- Books are one of the most common items to find on shelves. Use modern bookends to keep books in place.
- Plants and flowers add color and freshness to wall shelves.
- Keep your memories nearby by displaying special family heirlooms, like small clocks or antique teapots, on these contemporary shelves. Family photographs can also be displayed.
- In the kitchen, shelves can hold any overflow dishes or small appliances that won't fit in kitchen cabinets.
- In the bathroom, neatly folded towels sit nicely on wall shelves. Other bathroom essentials, like soap, can also be stored on the shelves to keep them accessible.
Modern wall shelves transform empty wall space into functional storage space. These wall-mounted shelves not only store and organizing small items around the home, but they also come in beautiful, contemporary styles to enhance modern living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and more.