- Urban Sofa (93.5") $1,439 – $2,099 Sale $1,186 – $1,679
- Harmony Down-Filled Sofa (92") $1,599 – $2,299 Special $1,519 – $1,839
- Henry® Sofa (96") $1,199 – $1,499 Special $857 – $1,199
- Andes Sofa (113") $2,198 – $2,298 Special $1,759 – $2,298
- Dekalb Leather Sofa (96") $3,299 Special $2,309 – $2,639
- Rochester Sofa (92") $1,119 – $1,599 Sale $859.99 – $1,279
- Monroe Mid-Century Sofa (86") $1,499 – $1,799 Sale $986 – $1,439
- Crosby Mid-Century Sofa (92") $1,449 – $1,749 Special $953 – $1,399
Modern Arm Sofa (92")
- Online Only
- Shelter Sofa (92") $1,799 – $2,099 Special $1,186 – $1,679
- Bliss Sofa (91.5") $1,499 – $1,799 Sale $1,056 – $1,439
- Retreat Sofa (96") $1,699 Sale $799.99 – $1,199.99
- Dorian Sofa (97") $1,999 Sale $999.99 – $1,400
- Nadine Sofa (90") $1,999 Sale $999.99
Boomerang Sofa (96")
Oversized SofasThe furniture you choose, like sectionals or coffee tables, is usually the centerpiece of a room. In other words, it’s the first place people look when they walk inside. Generally speaking, the bigger it is, the more attention it gets. There are exceptions, of course, like the effect of a fireplace or a stunning piece of artwork. Because furniture stands out so much, it’s a good idea to pick out pieces that represent your design theme. Basically, they set the tone for the rest of the room’s decor. At west elm, we have sofas that speak loud and clear. It’s not hard to find something that says a lot about your ideal living room, bedroom or dining room. What can oversized sofas do for a space? Here are some possibilities.
First of all, what’s the appeal of oversized sofas versus customary sizes? Sometimes it’s just personal preference. If you love the vibe of an oversized piece, don’t hesitate to work your existing decor around it. Another benefit is extra comfort. Let’s face it, there are few things as sweet as kicking off your shoes and sinking back into a plush sofa with broad armrests.
That’s especially true with sofas and sectionals that include an integrated chaise or two. You can literally lie down, sip on a cup of tea and watch your favorite movie or catch up on the news. Your health and wellness are improved when you treat yourself to some well-deserved rest and relaxation. In fact, it gives you renewed energies and concentration that make you even more productive and happy.
Another practical benefit of an oversized couch or two is togetherness. It gives a room lots of warmth and makes conversing with friends and loved ones a group activity. Laughing, ribbing and a welcome hug all draw people together and help you enjoy yourself a lot when entertaining.
When it comes to interior decor, oversized sofas can add a lot of balance to large areas. That doesn’t mean that loveseats and chairs are off limits in a spacious environment, since they make great conversation spots – especially when defined by rug a cozy rug – in open-concept designs. That said, oversized sofas have a natural affinity with expansive spaces. They temper the roomy atmosphere with a warm lived-in ambience.
What kind of decor can you use to accessorize an oversized sofa? Well, it you want your sofa to be the star of the show, going with accents that have simple contours keeps it that way. Floor lamps, side tables, artwork and console tables all complete the room without taking attention away from a sofa. How big should other pieces of furniture be? That depends on the style you want. Generally speaking, striking a happy medium looks balanced but not too small. The same idea helps when picking out artwork for above the sofa. Think horizontally to use a good portion of the space behind your sofa, perhaps with a group of two or three large photographs.