- Fabric by the Yard - Performance Velvet $24 Special $20
Fabric By The Yard - Pebble Weave
Fabric by the Yard - Faux Suede Herringbone
Fabric By the Yard - Tweed
- Fabric By The Yard - Deco Weave $24 Special $20
- Fabric By The Yard - Retro Weave $24 Special $20
- Fabric By The Yard - Yarn-Dyed Linen Weave $29 Special $24
Fabric By the Yard - Chenille Tweed
Fabric By The Yard - Heather Tweed
- Fabric by the Yard - Chunky Basketweave $34 Special $28
- Fabric By The Yard - Performance Basketweave $29 Special $24
- Fabric By The Yard - Eco Weave $39 Special $32
Fabric By The Yard - Marled Microfiber
- Fabric By The Yard - Basket Slub $29 Special $24
- Fabric By The Yard - Heathered Crosshatch $24 Special $20
- Fabric By The Yard - Performance Washed Canvas (Natural) $34 Special $28
- Fabric By The Yard - Performance Washed Canvas (Feather Gray) $34 Special $28
- Fabric By The Yard - Twill $29 Special $24
- Fabric By The Yard - Distressed Velvet $29 Special $24
- Fabric By The Yard - Heathered Weave $29 Special $24
Fabric By The Yard - Linen Weave
- Fabric By The Yard - Plush Velvet $24 Special $20
- Fabric By The Yard - Astor Velvet $34 Special $28
- Fabric By The Yard - Luster Velvet $34 Special $28
Upholstery Fabric by the Yard
Give in to your inner sewing or craft passion and design your own upholstered beds, seating, pillows and more. You’re invited to get creative with the same fabrics we use at west elm to craft our exceptional furnishings. Choose our fabric by the yard in chenille tweed or cozy twill for a busy family. Choose fabrics in heather and linen weaves for a Euro-style seating look. For a regal new look and feel on a side chair or upholstered bed, order several yards of velvet fabric. Then, tuft the velvet to create your own special seat or a fabulous sleep space. If you prefer a more rustic fabric with a big weave or a more formal faux suede, we offer those materials, too. Feel free to mix and match fabrics in our collection, since the patterns and colors have been specially chosen to turn your bright decorating ideas into upscale decor.
Design with Your Choice of Fabrics
Sewing fans who love natural fabrics enjoy our soft brushed cotton and our chunky-weave linen-cotton blend fabrics. Families with bouncy children and furry pets appreciate our long-wearing polyester, durable acrylic and silky rayon blends. Create a gray, black-and-white or stone-white living room by recovering your sofa and chairs in our modern fabrics. Go blue, brown or berry in the kids’ bedroom with our fabric by the yard on their updated upholstered beds. Our fabric-by-the-yard choices let you go bright or sedate in color and material. Or use both neutral and bold colors to contrast a chair and sofa set. Use alternating colors on seat cushions of dining room chairs to add interest to a dull eating space.
Coordinate Rooms with Your Skill and Our Special Fabrics
If you want to make your own matching drapery, fabric shades, room dividers or table linens, measure and order enough fabric to make those decor items as well. Our high-quality fabrics hang well when used as window treatments and shower curtains, so you can carry on a color or fabric theme throughout your living space. One designer trick in a small apartment is to make one wall in your living area a solid color. That means installing floor-to-ceiling drapes on the wall and a sofa or pair of chairs upholstered in the same fabric just in front of the wall. This stunning look transforms outdated rooms of all sizes, especially those that have funky walls and mismatched furnishings. Our upholstery fabrics can also be used to create table runners, bench pads, camp cushions and tiny-home furnishings.
Order One Yard or Dozens
Order fabric in a minimum of 1-yard increments. When you order several yards of the same fabric, they’re rolled in one continuous piece. This is a convenient way to order fabric when you need extra-long pieces for drapes or upholstered beds and you don’t want to sew two pieces of fabric together. A continuous-cut fabric roll also allows you to piece fabrics so the patterns match on smaller upholstered details. You have more odd pieces to work with when lining up prints and weaves.
No matter what kind of sewing project you have in mind, you can use our premium fabrics with confidence. We offer fabric choices in the most sought-after materials, colors and patterns for home decor and upholstery.