Interior Design Styles for Furniture & Decor
Explore new interior design styles for furniture & decor to upgrade your home room by room or all at once. Refreshing your design aesthetic is one of the best ways to keep your home feeling inviting and exciting. Add new colors by selecting upholstered furniture, rugs or accents like throw blankets and pillows. Find interesting textures to bring home, like velvet, metal, leather or wood. See what's new in furniture profiles when you browse innovative silhouettes and unique decor pairings. With the wide range of modern choices available now at west elm, it's easy to transform your home with updated interior design styles for furniture & decor.
Shop by Style to Create a Gorgeous Home
Knowing what you're looking for can make shopping simple, but diving into new looks, checking out trends and creating a style all your own makes shopping a fun adventure in curating a home you'll love. Discover interior design styles for furniture & decor that bring out the best in your rooms.
- Modern furniture encompasses a broad spectrum of styles. Look for clean lines, palettes that include jewel tones, earth tones or pops of brightness. Sustainable materials, like organic textiles, are always fashionable.
- Mix styles to personalize your space. For instance, an armchair inspired by mid-century influences looks fresh with an end table that has industrial gravity. These pairings showcase who you are and invite guests to relax in a space like no other.
- Designate certain areas to highlight a style you love. A dining alcove with touches inspired by bohemian West Coast looks or an entryway full of Art Deco glamour create meaningful lifestyle experiences as you go about your day or evening.
Modern Furniture Design for You
When you want modern interior design styles for furniture & decor, there are a few basic elements to include in your choices. By following these low-key decor guidelines, you can update your home in no time.
- Modern furniture is often defined by chic minimalism. Details that embellish a modern design style are purposeful and balanced, like rounded corners, a clean beveled edge or high-polish surfaces.
- Use geometry to your advantage in a modern home. Accent pieces like floor lamps with bubble shades or rugs that show off a beautiful pattern give life to neutral palettes and fine furniture.
- Texture makes a major impact when you want to enjoy modern interior design styles for furniture & decor. Layer bedding, place art objects on trays or stack frames and wall art into a modern gallery.
Minimalism, Industrial and Mid-century Influences
When shopping interior design styles for furniture & decor, most modern furniture is influenced by three main design schools.
Minimalism is when less is more. Keep it simple to keep it stylish. Industrial looks skew heavier with raw materials. Mid-century is a little vintage-looking, but thoroughly classic. Choose pieces from all looks to design a space that reflects your great taste.
Brought to you by Detroit-based furniture startup Floyd, this beautifully sleek and streamlined dining table's rounded body and sturdy legs is a stylish yet functional place to gather. The smooth linoleum top guarantees easy cleanup, and the sustainable parts and easy assembly guarantees functionality, making this a natural choice for ...
Sleek and simple, our Lena Mid-Century Dining Set ...
Sleek and simple, our Lena Mid-Century Dining Set pays homage to the streamlined style of iconic '50s and '60s furniture designs. Scaled to fit smaller spaces, its thin frame offers up extra legroom for family meals and cocktail parties alike. Solid poplar wood in an Espresso finish. Set includes 1 ...
Available in two sizes, our Lena Mid-Century Dining Table pays homage to the streamlined style of iconic '50s and '60s furniture designs. Its thin frame offers up extra legroom for family meals and cocktail parties alike. Solid poplar wood in an Espresso finish. Handcrafted. Coordinates with west elm's Lena Dining ...