Crib Bedding for the Modern Nursery
Proper sleep plays a critical role in a baby's development. In fact, newborns tend to spend the better part of their first 18 months asleep. With sleep being such a high priority, it's no surprise that the crib is the most important part of any modern nursery. Outfit the crib with crib sheets and other crib bedding essentials to create a cozy place for your baby to sleep and grow.
Modern Crib Sheets
Fitted crib sheets are the most essential crib accessories. Not only do they make the crib cozier for the baby, but they also help to protect the mattress beneath. These sheets come in a variety of colors and styles.
- If the nursery has a theme, look for pretty patterned sheets that match the rest of the nursery motif. Patterned sheets come in animal prints, geometric prints and more.
- Plain colored sheets in shades like platinum or blush are simple yet pretty additions to any nursery.
- Basic white sheets are also great to have as they match with virtually any nursery color scheme. Keep a set or two of these basic cotton sheets on hand for use on laundry day.
- Baby bedding sets may also come with a matching crib skirt. Similar to adult bed skirts, crib skirts are primarily decorative.
Other Baby Bedding Essentials
While a bare crib is better for younger babies, babies who are about 18 months or older may find it more comfortable to sleep with crib bedding accessories like pillows and quilts.
- Crib pillows are small pillows which allow toddlers to sleep with their heads propped. Decorative pillowcases without buttons, frills or other small parts can be used to add color.
- Crib quilts keep toddlers feeling warm and cozy as they sleep. They can also be used as a floor playmat for younger babies. These toddler blankets are made of soft fabrics and come in a variety of colors.
Create a cozy and relaxing nursery space for your baby with beautiful crib bedding from west elm. With plain and patterned crib sheets to choose from, you can easily coordinate your baby's bed with the rest of the room's design scheme. As your baby grows, complete the look with other baby bedding essentials like soft pillows and warm quilts.