Triangle Train Baby Blanket
Felt Nursery Rocker - Bear
Sprinkle Baby Blanket
- Unicorn Plush Animal $24 Special $19
Animal Bath Wraps
Felt Nursery Rocker - Fox
- Goat Plush Animal $24 Special $19
Tweed Sherpa Baby Blanket
Felt Fox Plush Animal
- Dot Muslin Swaddle Set - Peacock $45.50 Sale $19.99
Felt Bear Plush Animal
- Plush Animal Thumbies $16 Special $12
- Dot Muslin Swaddle Set - Rosette $45.50 Sale $19.99
- DIY Educational Toy - Techno Music Kit $39 Sale $24.99
- Metallic Print Muslin Swaddle Set $49.50 Sale $24.99
Dot Bath Wrap + Washcloth Sets
- Raccoon Plush Animal $24 Special $19
Keep Your Baby Happy with Baby Blankets
Babies and toddlers love the feeling of being wrapped up snugly in a cozy blanket or warm bath wrap. Baby blankets help keep babies calm and soothe them after waking or bathing. Stock up on lots of cute colors and patterns to store in your nursery or linen closet.
How to Make A Baby Swaddle
Swaddling your baby makes him or her look adorable and feel happy. There are a few ways to wrap your baby in baby blankets.
- Do a diamond swaddle, which involves laying your baby with his or her shoulders at the folded corner of a blanket. Wrap one side over, pull the top up -- being careful to swaddle the hips gently, letting them keep a natural frog-leg position -- and wrap the other side over.
- Try a square swaddle which lets a little more air through the blanket. Fold opposite corners of the blanket inward so your baby lays in the middle of a long rectangle of blanket.
- Just loosely wrap your baby in the blanket however is comfortable for him or her and you. You don't have to have a fancy wrap style to use baby blankets the right way.
Find Lots of Other Uses for Baby Blankets
Many parents are thrilled to have stacks of baby blankets. Keep yours in the drawers of a changing table, in a nearby closet or in dressers and side table drawers around the house, just in case. You'll use them all the time.
- Blankets are perfect for tummy time. This is when your baby lays on their stomach. He or she is awake and with you or another caregiver for safety. The time lets your baby practice skills that eventually lead to important milestones, like rolling over or crawling -- but at first, a soft blanket keeps tummy time fun and comfy.
- Have several in your car. On a cold day, they're perfect for covering your baby in the car seat, since jackets can be a little cumbersome to buckle around.
- Blankets keep your baby happy when you go from your car to a store or a friend's house, too. Wrap one over the carrier.
- In a pinch, you can use one after mealtimes when you hold your baby and pat his or her back. The blankets can be used to protect your clothing and wipe your baby's face or neck.
Select baby blankets in sets to make sure you always have enough on hand. If you're giving them as a gift, don't be afraid to grab several for the new parents.