Decorative Outdoor Cushions for Your Porch or Patio
Your outdoor living space should be designed in the same way as an indoor living space: with pretty, functional furnishings and fun decorative accents, like outdoor cushions. Though primarily decorative, these cushions also add extra comfort to outdoor chairs and sofas.
Where to Use Outdoor Cushions
Outdoor pillows can be used to enhance a variety of patio furniture, both at the front of the house and in the backyard.
- Make your front porch feel more inviting by adding a cozy pillow or two to your porch chairs or swinging porch bench.
- Add color to an outdoor sofa or upholstered chair in the backyard with boldly patterned pillows.
- Increase the comfort of basic wooden outdoor chairs with thin chair cushions. Place one on the seat and another against the chair back.
- In an apartment, outdoor pillows can make a balcony feel more personalized and inviting.
- These cushions may be used primarily outdoors, but they can also be used to decorate indoor living spaces. Because of their durable construction, these pillows work well in high-traffic areas around the home, like the living room.
Colors and Styles
Outdoor pillows are available in a wide variety of sizes, colors and styles to suit any design purpose. Choices range from basic solid pillows to patterned pillows, bold graphic print pillows and pillows with other fun embellishments.
- Outdoor cushions in solid colors like teal and pink will add a subtle pop of color to your outdoor furniture.
- Patterned cushions are a bolder choice. Choose from fun patterns like dots and multicolored stripes.
- Abstract graphic print cushions will give your patio dining set a trendy facelift.
- There are also some cushions with subtle embellishments, like tassels and trim, that add tactile and visual interest.
Caring for Your Outdoor Cushions
Though these pillows are made of durable and water-resistant materials, there are a few steps you can take to keep them looking their best.
- Use patio furniture covers to protect the cushions and your chairs from sun bleaching while not in use.
- In case of spills, spot clean with a damp cloth immediately to avoid staining, then let air dry unless otherwise specified.
- If the cushions have a removable cover, run the cover through the washing machine from time to time according to the detailed care instructions.
Decorative outdoor cushions are a wonderful addition to any outdoor couch or chair. With many colors and styles to choose from, you can easily coordinate these cushions to the style of your patio furniture. And these pillows don't just look great, but they also add a little extra comfort to your outdoor living space.