A Guide to Rugs
• Vacuum at least once a week, preferably with a canister vacuum. To prolong the life of your rugs, do not engage the beater bar. For natural plant fiber rugs, periodically vacuum beneath the rug as well, as dirt can sift through.
• Do not vacuum fringe; it can get caught in the vacuum. Use a broom instead.
• Professionally clean your rug every 1–2 years, depending on traffic and wear.
• To remove excess pet hair, also use a carpet brush or broom. For shag rugs, use a carpet rake.
• Rotate rugs every few months to prevent fading and distribute wear evenly.
• Always use a rug pad to help preserve your rug.