Shop Curtain Rods for Your Favorite Drapery Styles
Designing a formal space for entertaining or a comfortable room for gathering friends and family requires furniture that you love. It also requires window treatments that help filter out light effectively while giving you the privacy that you need. Those window treatments add a great deal of style to any room you put them in.
To hang window treatments like draperies, you need curtain rods for support. Those same curtain rods play a big role in how your draperies and the whole room looks, so choosing wisely is essential. Keep reading to learn more about modern curtain rods and how you can pick an option that's fabulous and functional for your home.
What are Curtain Rods?
Curtain rods are designed to provide essential support for sheer curtains and heavyweight draperies made from all sorts of different materials. Finding the right style for your living room, den, family room or home office is easy with our myriad finishes, styles and sizes. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind when shopping for curtain rods for your home:
- Window size. Adjustable curtain rods come in a range of sizes, starting at 24" to 48" and going all the way up to 108" to 144" for oversized windows. Measure your window before you begin shopping to find the right size. Always leave a few inches on each side of the window to properly filter light when hanging curtains.
- Finial size. Many drapery rods come with decorative finials or caps that extend past the rod itself. Make sure you've got ample space on each side by checking the final length and measuring your wall before you buy.
- Existing finishes. Drapery rods, even the most understated styles, are still visible in the room. Match their finish to existing pieces of furniture or hardware to ensure they improve your look instead of detracting from it.
What Can I Buy?
Drapery rods are available in a variety of sizes and styles, as well as multiple materials like metal and wood. Here are some of the options you can find to help you hang your favorite draperies:
- Single rods. Ideal for standard two-way draperies, single rods offer a minimal look that's beautiful and functional.
- Double rods. Double rods are designed to hang both a sheer curtain and a standard drapery style that works to block out light. This more ornate option allows you to control your sheers and draperies separately.
- Curtain rings. Got your drapery hardware and stylish drapery ready to go? Match them with an assortment of drapery rings that blend the look of your hardware and curtains. Quality curtain rings also make it easier to open and close your draperies in the morning and at night.
Alter the look of any room, control your lighting and give yourself privacy with stylish curtain rods, curtains and hardware pieces like curtain rings from west elm. Shop modern and transitional styles to fit every space in your house.