- Terrace Floating Frames $29 – $39
- Edge Frame - Natural $10 – $20
Gallery Frames - Dark Walnut
- Acrylic Shadowbox Frames $24 – $49
Gallery Frames - Polished Brass
- New Size
- Phantom Frame $20
Gallery Frames - White
- Prisma Frames - Chrome $15 – $25
- Magnaframe (Set of 4) $59
- Prisma Frames - Black $15 – $25
- Floating Gallery Frames - White Lacquered Wood $39 – $199
Gallery Frames - Polished Rose Gold
Gallery Frames - Polished Nickel
- New Size
Metal Tabletop Frames
- New Size
- Edge Frame - Walnut $10 – $20
- Acrylic + Metal Frames - Black Nickel $19 – $29
- Floating Gallery Frames - Dark Walnut $39 – $199
Gallery Frames - Polished Antique Bronze
- Gallery Frames - Walnut $144 – $288
- Metal Gallery Frame - Graphite $110 – $199
Wood Tabletop Frames
Gallery Frames - Black
Thin Wood Gallery Frames - Wheat
- Metal Gallery Frame - Matte Gold $110 – $199
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Warm Silver $110 – $199
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Rose Gold $110 – $199
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Dark Walnut $149 – $249
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Silver Blackout $110 – $199
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Matte Black $110
- Certificate Frame - Black + Gold $99 – $249
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Silver $199 – $299
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Light Walnut $199 – $299
- Oversized Gallery Frame - Natural $199 – $299
- Oversized Gallery Frame – Antique Gold/Mat $99 – $249
- Oversized Gallery Frame – Antique Silver/Mat $99 – $249
- Oversized Gallery Frame – White/Mat $149 – $249
- Oversized Gallery Frame – Black/Mat $149 – $249
- Reclaimed Wood Frames $19.99 – $29 Sale $9.99 – $12.99
- Acrylic + Metal Frames - Gold $19 – $29
Bone Gallery Frames
Wood + Bone Frames
- Gallery Frames - Antique Silver $29 – $169 Special $20 – $118
- Roar + Rabbit™ Swivel Mirror Frame $49 Sale $24.99
- Chalkboard Frame $34 Sale $14.99
- Build a Gallery Wall Sets - Rose Gold Frames $294 – $645
- Build a Gallery Wall Sets - Antique Bronze Frames $294 – $645
- Build a Gallery Wall Sets - Nickel Frames $294 – $645
- Build a Gallery Wall Sets - Antique Brass Frames $294 – $645
- Build a Gallery Wall Sets - White Frames $144 – $288 Special $117 – $238
- Build a Gallery Wall Sets - Black Frames $144 – $288
Decorating With Picture Frames
Cherished photos of special people, places and memories transform into instant wall art when you add them to high-quality, stylish picture frames. Whether you're letting a single photo stand out on a wall or creating an eclectic gallery wall featuring different sizes and styles of frames, you can add dimension, intrigue and a personal touch to your space with framed photos. Learn more about how to select and hang picture frames throughout the home, and then shop for styles that suit your tastes.
How to Hang Picture Frames
When you invest in west elm picture frames to transform your space, you can purchase confidently, knowing that you'll be able to hang these frames with ease. These sleek frames come with preinstalled hardware like sawtooth hangers on the back of the frames. As a result, they require tools you probably already have laying around the house. You can use a hammer and nails to hang most frames, and a level and measuring tape help to ensure the frames are straight and even on your walls.
Your biggest challenge when hanging picture frames is deciding where to place them. After all, walls throughout the home serve as blank canvases for showcasing your favorite photos and prints. Once you identify the perfect spot for your new picture frame, select the right placement on the wall. Use a pencil or a piece of painter's tape to mark where you need to place the nail.
Next, all that remains is your picture frame installation. Tap a nail into the marked spot on the wall. Then, your picture frame will easily hook onto the nail with pre-installed hardware, allowing you to showcase your new wall art in a matter of minutes.
How to Mix and Match Picture Frames
Your wall art display can be as coordinated or eclectic as you desire. While uniform frames deliver a polished touch to your wall decor, mixing and matching frames in different sizes, finishes and shapes add dimension and personality to your space. west elm's collection of picture frames offers many options for mixing and matching to create a distinctive gallery wall in your space.
When selecting frames, try mixing and matching different sizes to add visual intrigue. Likewise, opt for different finishes. For example, try blending metallics by adding gold and silver frames to your walls. Or, go with classic frames in hues of black and white. Finally, consider what size photos you want to display. Smaller photos don't necessarily mean smaller frames. You can choose frames that feature 4 x 6 photos with thick matting and a large frame. For picture frame display inspiration, check out these tips on how to create a gallery wall.
Standard Types of Picture Frames
At west elm, you can discover picture frames for any room of the home. If you need to fill a large wall, opt for larger frames in sizes as large as 18 x 24 or 17 x 17, unmatted. Alternatively, 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 frames work well on smaller walls or as one piece of a larger gallery wall display.
Picture frames come in several finishes as well. Choose from sleek black and white frames to metallic styles in polished nickel, gold, brass and antique bronze. The art you choose can also inspire your finish choices. Likewise, consider your paint color or wallpaper when selecting a frame finish.
Once your picture frames are in place, decide how to fill them. Personal photos are an obvious choice for framing, allowing you to showcase favorite people and places and celebrate cherished moments. However, you can think beyond traditional photos as well. Unframed prints and posters are another idea and can feature a map of your favorite city or a colorful and contemporary geometric print. Use your room’s color scheme and personal design style as your inspiration as you decorate your walls with picture frames.