Mid-Century Tile Wallpaper
Earn $25 in rewards for every $250 spent on your west elm credit card. Learn More >
Created in collaboration with Pottery Barn Kids, this wallpaper’s pattern makes a playful statement in any nursery or kids' room.
- Pre-pasted wallpaper; requires water to active glue.
- Dimensions per roll: 26"w x 11'h.
- Coverage per roll: 24'sq.
- Rolls sold individually.
- Pattern repeat: 26.3".
- PVC-free renewable wood fiber based substrate certified by Greenguard and to Forest Stewardship Council® standards.
- Meets rigorous standards for low VOC-emissions.
- See Details + Dimensions tab for hanging instructions and roll needs calculation.
- For best results, professional installation is recommended.
- Strip to remove.
- Made in the USA.
- Details + Dimensions
CALCULATING ROLLS NEEDED
- Each roll measures 26"w x 11'h and covers approximately 24'sq. of wall space.
- To calculate the number of rolls you need: 1) Measure the height and the width of your space in inches; 2) Multiply the two numbers; 3) Divide the sum by 144; 4) Divide by foot coverage per roll (24, in this case); 5) Multiply by 1.15 (to ensure sufficient supply for pattern alignment and potential mistakes); 6) Round up to the full roll.
- As an example, here's the calculation used for an 8' x 12' wall: 1) 8' x 12' in inches is 96" x 144"; 2) Multiplying 96 x 144 yields 13,824; 3) Dividing 13,824 by 144 results in 96; 4) Dividing 96 by 24 results in 4; 5) Multiplying 4 x 1.15 yields 4.6; 6) Rounding up, 5 rolls are to be ordered.
- This wallpaper can be applied over drywall, paint, paneling and to a wall previously covered with wallpaper (with adhesive removed).
- For optimal results, the wall surface should be clean, smooth and primed.
- Cut the wallpaper roll to your desired strip lengths, always going a bit longer than needed. Rolls may be cut to size using an Exacto knife.
- We recommend activating and hanging strips one at a time.
- To activate the adhesive, apply water on the back of the strip with a roller or submerge the strip in a wallpaper tray for 10-15 seconds.
- Slowly remove the strip by pulling the leading edge out of the tray, glue-side up.
- "Book" the strip by folding the pasted side onto itself, folding each end toward the center so that the two ends meet in the middle of the strip, but do not overlap. Be careful to avoid creasing the wallpaper.
- Let the booked strip sit for approximately 3 minutes as the adhesive activates.
- Unfold one half of the booked strip, leaving the other half booked, and position the glue-exposed portion of the wallpaper on the wall.
- Once satisfied with the positioning, unfold the other half of the wallpaper to expose the remaining glue surface, and adhere to the wall.
- Working downward and outward, use a damp sponge to smooth and remove any excess glue.
- Tip: Do not over smooth. Bubbles smaller than the size of a quarter will dissipate as the wallpaper covering sets.
- Cut to remove any excess wallpaper at the top or bottom of the wall with an Exacto knife .
- Starting at the top of the wall, carefully separate a full strip from the wall, pulling 8" down from the top.
- With both bands, slowly pull the paper from the wall at a downward angle until completely removed.
- Any remaining adhesive can be removed with a damp sponge.
- Tip: If the paper is default to remove, apply water with a damp sponge to moisten the paper surface, waiting 10 minutes and then trying again.
- Shipping + Returns
This special order item ships from the vendor to your home, arriving within 1-3 weeks of order receipt.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping options. View Shipping Rates and Options.
You can return eligible items within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Prior purchases are not eligible for price adjustments.
How to return:
- Return to Stores: You can return most non-furniture items to your local west elm store for free.
- UPS: For items under 70 lbs, you can print a return label from our Returns Policy page and bring to a UPS location.
- For non-Special Order furniture and other oversized items, please contact our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119.
Items not eligible for return:
- Special Order (SPO) items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Drop Ship items, with the exception of wall art
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)