Transform Your Lighting With a Mobile Chandelier
Make a major statement at home with a mobile chandelier. This avant-garde ceiling light lets you direct illumination wherever you like. Change it up every day with customizable rods that show off stylish, exposed bulbs and a wide variety of color palettes or finishes. Made for homes where strong lines and powerful design is at the forefront, a mobile chandelier is an entirely new level of personalized lighting.
How Does a Mobile Chandelier Work?
A mobile chandelier works just like any ceiling light in many regards. Hardwire yours to your ceiling and control it from a light switch you mount independently to a convenient place along your wall.
- Mobile chandeliers are inspired by a combination of pendant lights and chandeliers.
- Pendants are down lights that dangle from a cord. Chandeliers are showy light fixtures with multiple bulbs that hang low over a table, entryway or other space.
- Mobile chandeliers consist of a cord and a series of bulbs at the end of decorative rods, stems or flanges.
- They're designed to let you change the proportions of the rod against the center of the light fixture for varying lengths or interesting asymmetry.
- If you choose a sconce from this collection, you can decide to hang it vertically or horizontally.
Updating Your Ceiling Lights
A mobile chandelier is a fun way to update your existing ceiling lights. Choose a space in your home where your lighting is ready for a refresh, then build a beautiful scene to complement your lighting.
- Move furniture around to showcase the drama of these lights. If your current furnishings are a different aesthetic, bridge the gap with a fresh accent chair or unique side table.
- Pick your finishes. You can complement the pieces you already have with neutrals and satin or gleaming metallics.
- Choose the bulbs for your chandelier. While you can change the proportions of your mobile chandelier as often as you like, switching the bulbs every few weeks or months lends another layer of novelty.
Creating a Lighting Story at Home
Create a lighting story that looks like an interior design pro helped you. A lighting story is a series of light fixtures and levels of illumination that you set up around your home to highlight statement furnishings, exceptional artwork or doors and entryways.
- Spotlight a kitchen table or a sumptuous sofa with lots of throw pillows and blankets.
- Match a sequence of sconces along a hallway with your new chandelier.
- Select table lamps to go with the scene. These can ground an elevated, modern look with glass, ceramic or bolder colors.
Adorn your home with current lighting looks to keep things fun and fresh in every room.
From their New York City studio, Bower designs contemporary pieces that are both dynamic and harmonious in their simple use of line and form. Topped with gleaming glass globes, this floor lamp's slim, sculptural body is captivating from all angles. It's equipped with integrated, long-lasting LED lights—that means that changing ...
Tiers of shimmering natural capiz shells—often referred to ...
Tiers of shimmering natural capiz shells—often referred to as "glass oysters" because of their fragile, translucent appearance—are hand cut and hand strung by talented Filipino artisans to create this piece, which casts a beautifully luminous glow over a dining table. 30.5"w x 14.75"d x 22.1-58.1"h. Polished Nickel metal frame; natural ...
The Oliver Gal Artist Co. is a South Florida-based art and lifestyle brand. We worked with them to bring you their signature neon signs that are bold yet playful ways to make a statement! 26"l x 9"d x 10"h. Handmade glass tubing and transparaent acrylic. 6 foot long power source ...