Renowned for her vibrant hand-glazed ceramics, British designer Lubna Chowdhary creates tile-based artworks for clients around the world. "My use of color is intuitive," Lubna explains. "Color develops during the firing process so the results are a combination of knowledge and chance." Just for us, she designed a collection of furniture and accessories in her signature style. We then worked with artisans in Vietnam to paint, glaze and inlay each tile by hand.
"I'm inspired by anthropology museums, car boot sales and spare time."
1 / 5
Some of Lubna's original tiles. "Islamic art loosely informs my patterns."
2 / 5
"My use of color is intuitive and of the moment. Nothing is planned."
3 / 5
Lubna created prototypes for her west elm collection, including this lamp.
4 / 5
"These faceted tiles were inspired by a pattern I spotted on a bus in India."
5 / 5
- Lubna Chowdhary Tiled Dining Table
- Lubna Chowdhary Tiled Coffee Table - Green
- Lubna Chowdhary Tiled Coffee Table - Bronze
- Lubna Chowdhary Console - Bronze
- Lubna Chowdhary Tiled Buffet - Smoke $699
- Lubna Chowdhary Tiled Table Lamp - Bronze