Dress Up Your Table with Salt and Pepper Shakers
One of the easiest ways to add personality to your dining table is with your salt and pepper shakers. These tabletop essentials lend charm and artistry to everyday dining in a variety of colors, finishes, materials and silhouettes. Refresh your table with a new set from west elm today.
Picking Salt and Pepper Shaker Styles
These table shakers are known for being collectible. Many homes feature new and vintage sets. Swap yours out frequently to change the mood or suit a certain cuisine alongside other small details, like napkin rings or placecard holders.
- Minimalist shakers tend to focus on materials, like brass, marble, horn, wood or copper.
- Figure-inspired shakers are often ceramic and feature figurines of animals or plants.
- Formal styles may come in metal and feature sophisticated design themes.
What Kind of Salt and Pepper Shakers Should You Get?
Pick up your next pair in a style you've never tried before or choose a new look in a format you already love.
- Traditional shakers let you shake seasonings and refill shakers easily.
- Grinders are made for bigger pieces of salt and pepper for fresh seasonings on your food.
- Keepers, cellars and dishes allow meticulous seasoning by hand or spoon from a wider opening.
Find your next pair today or select a pair to give to a friend as a host's gift or add-on to a larger present.