- Roar + Rabbit™ Swivel Chair $799 – $899 Special $629 – $799
- Crescent Swivel Chair $599
- Austin Leather Swivel Armchair $1,199 – $1,299 Special $909 – $1,039
- Lucas Leather Swivel Base Chair $1,199 – $1,299 Special $909 – $1,039
- Lucas Swivel Chair $699 – $949 Special $560 – $759
- Austin Swivel Armchair $699 – $949 Sale $499.99 – $799
- Hemming Swivel Armchair $699 – $899 Special $594 – $719
Hemming Leather Swivel Armchair
- Contract Grade
- Roar + Rabbit™ Swivel Chair - Leather $1,299 Special $909 – $1,039
- Emmerson® Reclaimed Wood Swivel Chair $899 Sale $538.99
- Spencer Wood-Framed Recliner $879 – $1,199 Sale $689.99 – $999
- Lewis Recliner $849 – $1,349 Special $594 – $759
- Lewis Leather Recliner $1,299 – $1,399 Special $910 – $1,119
- Sedgwick Recliner $849 – $1,049 Special $594 – $759
- Spencer Wood-Framed Leather Recliner $1,599 – $1,699 Special $1,189 – $1,599
- Rhys Mid-Century Leather Recliner $1,299 – $1,399 Special $979 – $1,119
- Sedgwick Leather Recliner $1,399 Special $979 – $1,119
- Henry® Leather Power Recliner Chair $1,699 Special $1,360
- Graham Leather Glider $1,299 Special $909 – $1,039
- Graham Glider $799 – $1,099 Sale $629.99 – $879
- Niels Wing Glider $799 – $949 Special $594 – $719
Duffield Swivel Chair
- Urban Swivel Chair $999 – $1,299 Sale $659.99 – $1,039
- Shelter Swivel Chair $1,999 – $2,099 Sale $1,319.99 – $1,679
- Tufted Pedestal Leather Swivel Chair $999 Sale $599.99
- Austin Swivel Armchair - Natural (Mosaic Woven) $799 Sale $499.99
Cobb Swivel Wing Chair - Chevron
- Online Only
Make your living room comfortable and inviting without compromising on style. Our recliner chairs feature modern styles that let you sit back in comfort while complementing a contemporary decor scheme. Browse materials such as leather, classic tweed, twill and velvet. Choose from a wide range of colors to find the perfect piece to coordinate with the existing furniture in your space.
Recliner Chair Styles
Contrary to popular belief, not all recliners are large, bulky chairs. Many west elm recliner chairs look like regular armchairs when they’re in the upright position. Because they don’t take up lots of space, they’re easy to pair with round side tables and other accessories. You can also find wood-framed pieces that complement a mid-century decor scheme. Some recliners blend in features of other chairs, such as swivel chairs and rockers. These take the relaxation factor up an extra notch and create comfortable spaces for unwinding after work.
Recliner chairs can feature many different materials. Leather is a popular choice, as it pairs well with other furniture and is very durable. Leather chairs also look luxurious and pair well with traditional, mid-century and contemporary styles. Woven fabrics are also excellent choices, especially if you have children or pets. Fabrics such as tweed, twill and velvet are very durable and do not easily snag. If you don’t have pets or kids, you can also consider fabrics such as linen in finer weaves. These look luxurious and are easy to pair with other upholstered furniture.
Choosing a recliner color that complements other furniture such as sofas or storage ottomans may seem tricky at first, but it's easier than meets the eye. If you are furnishing your living room from scratch, see if you can choose upholstered pieces that come in the same fabric. If these are not available or you are pairing your recliner with existing furniture, opt for a piece that contrasts rather than matches, as it can be hard to match colors and textures exactly. If the existing furniture is neutral, you can experiment with bolder colors such as teal or berry. If your upholstery is colorful, neutral shades such as gray, charcoal, brown or white are better bets.
Upholstery doesn’t require regular cleaning, but some special care can keep your furniture looking new. Wipe down leather furniture with a dry cloth and vacuum it with an upholstery attachment. Apply a leather conditioner once or twice per year to protect the finish and keep it supple. You can clean fabric chairs with a vacuum cleaner and an upholstery attachment. To keep your recliner chair in great condition, place it out of direct sunlight, as the sun can bleach fabric over time.