Useful and Stylish Dorm Lights for Small Spaces
You may not be able to choose your own overhead lighting in a dorm room, but you can add style with your own table and floor lamps from west elm. These modern dorm lighting options brighten up dark dorm rooms and add personality to your space. Dorm lights are also a great choice for first apartments and other small spaces.
Dorm Table Lamps
Late-night study sessions require focused light from a table lamp. These lamps take up very little space on a dorm table or desk and create the perfect amount of light for working or studying. Dorm table lamps from west elm also come with extra features which make them a must-have in any study space.
- These lamps accommodate LED bulbs which are more energy-efficient and last much longer than standard light bulbs.
- Some lamps come with a USB port or two built right into the lamp base. Having this extra charging port gives you an easily accessible way to charge your phone, tablet or any other device with a USB charging cord.
- With a variety of fun designs to choose from, these lights add a youthful decorative touch to any basic desk.
- Many of these lamps also feature pretty metallic accents in brushed silver or antique brass which really stand out against blank dorm walls.
Dorm Floor Lamps
While a desk lamp is essential for your study corner, floor lamps can also be very helpful in a small space to brighten up dark corners. In a dorm room, these lights can sit near the desk or bed. In a small apartment, these lamps pair perfectly with a small sofa or a modern accent chair to create a cozy reading nook.
- Many of these lamps feature integrated LED bulbs which last for thousands of hours of use.
- The lamps are slim and take up very little floor space. Some come with a traditional tapered lampshade while others have a simple yet stylish light rod.
- Dorm floor lamps use a convenient in-line cord switch, meaning the power button is located on the power cord rather than under the lampshade. The buttons are large and easily click on and off.
- Some of these floor dorm lights are dimmable so you can choose the exact level of light you need to facilitate working or reading.
Good lighting goes a long way towards making a dorm room feel like home. Shop stylish and useful dorm lights from west elm to brighten up your first apartment or college dorm. Rather than using the overhead light, switch on a table or floor lamp and focus the light only where you need it. With a variety of modern styles to choose from, the lamps in this dorm lighting collection add warmth and style to any basic dorm room.