Protect Your Patio with Outdoor Furniture Covers
Designing an outdoor entertaining space takes careful planning. The furnishings and accessories you choose must be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Once you've chosen the right pieces, keep them looking like new with durable outdoor furniture covers. These covers effectively protect all outdoor dining furniture from poor weather conditions, animals and other potential outdoor threats.
Key Reasons to Use Outdoor Furniture Covers
One of the top reasons to use a furniture cover is to protect your tables and chairs from rain and other inclement weather conditions. Patio furniture covers are made of durable, water-resistant materials that repel rainwater and keep your furnishings dry and protected. Even if your area does not often experience heavy rain conditions, there are also many other important reasons to use these covers:
- Some fabrics fade over time when left out in the sun. By keeping your upholstered outdoor chairs and sofas covered on days you won't be using them, you can prevent premature sun bleaching and keep your fabrics looking newer longer.
- Painted wood may also peel and crack when left in the hot sun. These covers will protect wooden furniture from sun damage.
- Birds, squirrels and any other critters who happen to frequent your backyard can destroy your patio furniture with sharp claws and muddy paws. These outdoor furniture covers are thick enough that critters will not be able to tear through, saving your furniture from dirt and scratches.
- If your outdoor dining area is near a tree or flowerbed, patio furniture covers can also protect from tree sap, pollen, and leaves and falling branches.
Types of Outdoor Furniture Covers
The west elm collection of outdoor furniture covers includes a wide variety of furniture protectors for pieces like:
- Side tables, coffee tables and outdoor dining tables.
- Outdoor sofas, sectionals, loveseats and upholstered chairs.
- Outdoor dining chairs and benches
- Patio umbrellas.
These covers also come in various shapes to protect rectangular, circular and oval outdoor tables. Many of these covers are made to coordinate with specific west elm patio furniture, meaning you can get a perfectly matching set all in one place.
It's also important to note that properly fitting patio furniture covers will not fully reach the ground when covering your furniture. There should be at least a tiny gap between the bottom of the cover and the ground. This gap allows air to circulate, preventing mold and mildew from collecting on your furniture.
Creating a functional and inviting outdoor dining space takes time. Don't let your hard work go to waste by leaving your furniture outside without outdoor furniture covers. These durable covers protect your furniture from mold, dirt, tears, sun bleaching and many other problems that will prematurely age your patio set. By regularly using furniture covers, your furniture will last longer and look great for years to come.