Get Creative With an Outdoor Dining Bench
Discover everything you can do with an outdoor dining bench. This versatile piece of furniture lets you start living more freely outdoors, dining with friends and putting the perfect polish on your backyard decor. Choose one that matches your table exactly or place a slew of them around the yard or patio. With sturdy construction, weather resistance and stylish features, these new furnishings from west elm belong in your outdoor space.
What Is an Outdoor Dining Bench?
An outdoor dining bench is similar to the bench you'd put in your interior dining room, only this one stands up to the elements, like rain or sun. Your outdoor bench is still a minimalist way to comfortably include lots of friends or family members at the table.
- Choose a bench that's well balanced. Look for a slab seat that extends beyond the legs of the bench.
- Bracket legs can come in a variety of styles and offer a lot of support for your seating. Discover square and X-brackets or pick a style with an apron piece for extra stability.
- Your bench's seat can be made of either a single slab or a number of pieces that connect to the base of the bench. Your choice is a matter of personal preference. They're equally reliable from a design perspective.
Creating an Outdoor Living Space
Many people decide to shop for outdoor benches because of the trend towards outdoor living. Make a lifestyle switch and start dining, relaxing and enjoying beverages outside more often.
- Depending on where you live, you may be able to spend a lot of time outdoors. Outdoor benches resist fading or cracking, so you can enjoy them all year or during warmer seasons when the sun sets later.
- Benches let you offer seating to neighbors, friends or other who drop by. They're great for when you host a barbecue or pool party, plus they let a smaller group spread out and relax.
- Since the design is streamlined, it's easy to move these benches around for different uses or events. Versatility is a major factor in creating a beautiful outdoor space.
Where to Use Benches
Use your outdoor dining bench anywhere you like. While many people pair them with a matching or complementary outdoor dining table, you can get creative with yours.
- Place yours along one side of the table and line the other side of the table with outdoor dining chairs, so guests have a choice of seating.
- Line both sides of the table with benches for an atmosphere that's both casual and intimate. Place chairs at the table heads only.
- Line the edges of a patio or deck with benches for a convivial mood that lets everyone face each other while socializing.
Wherever you place your outdoor bench, you'll be glad you have at least one, if not more.