You can return eligible items within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items and Made-to-Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before starting the process.
Ways To Return
- Stores - You can return most non-furniture items to your local west elm store for free.
- Bring to UPS Location (under 70 lbs) - Start process below.
- By Phone - call Customer Care for furniture or items over 70 lbs. See contact info below.
Items non-eligible for returns or exchanges:
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Made-to-Order (MTO) items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase of a stocked item, including manufacturer defects you must exchange or return it within 30 days of the order receipt date for a full refund of the merchandise cost (delivery fees are non-refundable).
Please note that we cannot accept returns on gift cards or items damaged through normal wear and tear. We also cannot accept returns of final-sale items, which are identified by a price ending in .99 or .97.
Quick Ship upholstery items must be returned within 7 days of the order receipt date.
Because they're custom made to your specifications, special order items may not be returned and are exchangeable against manufacturer's defects ONLY. SPO includes special order upholstery items, monogrammed/personalized items, special order rugs, one-of-a kind rugs and any products being shipped directly from a third-party vendor. Any special order items will be flagged as "special order" in your shopping cart. New Jersey customers: Special-order upholstered furniture returns are subject to applicable state law and are non-returnable after 24 hours of delivery.
- Original Receipt — Returns with the original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment.
- Gift Receipt — Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount on the gift receipt.
- Delivery Fees — Delivery fees are non-refundable and prior purchases are not eligible for price adjustments.
- Cash & Check Refunds — Cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check and mailed to you (may take 14 business days).
- Over $10,000 — If your return for Merchandise Credit Cards is greater than $10,000, we will issue you $10,000 in Merchandise Credit Cards to you that day, then mail additional Merchandise Credit Card(s) for the remaining amount owed to you.
For returns of items purchased from your west elm registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase (whichever date is later).
Online returns are available only for items that were shipped to the U.S. If you would like to return items that were shipped to other countries, please see International Returns and Exceptions.
For further assistance, please call our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119 or send an email to email@example.com.