Great First Impressions Start with an Entryway Bench
The front entryway is the first room that guests will see when visiting your home. It should be a space that feels welcoming and shows off your style. A modern entryway bench can not only help to create an inviting atmosphere, but it also serves a functional purpose as seating.
Types of Entryway Benches
A standard bench consists of a long, narrow seat that is low to the ground. In an entryway, these seats are typically used when putting on or taking off shoes or boots.
- Basic benches are made of wood or a combination of metal and wood.
- Upholstered benches are characterized by their comfortable fabric seats. These benches are available in a variety of fabrics including lush velvet, textured tweed and modern leather.
- Coat rack benches instantly turn empty hallway space into a fully functional mudroom. These wooden racks offer a spot to sit, a shelf to store shoes and hooks to hang coats, scarves and other outerwear.
- A storage bench is a multi-purpose unit that offers hidden storage for shoes or other outdoor accessories. Some storage benches come with pull out drawers while others have flip-top lids.
Different Ways to Use an Entryway Bench
Although these benches are often seen in front hallways, they can also be used throughout the home to add extra seating and provide storage space.
- An entryway bench can be used instead of dining room chairs at a dining table. These backless seats keep sight lines clear and place the focus on your modern dining table.
- Due to their low height, benches can be used to fill space under a window. In the living room, fill a storage bench with cozy throw blankets for use on cold nights.
- Benches can double as an ottoman or coffee table in the living room.
- In the bedroom, benches fit nicely at the foot of the bed, creating a place to sit while getting dressed.
The right entryway bench can really make a statement in your front hallway. These lovely seats come in a variety of materials, like wood and fabric, to fit your style. And though they greatly enhance entryways, these benches are also versatile enough to be used for seating and storage throughout the home.