Maya Dinnerware Set
Kanto Dinnerware Set
Pastel Speckle Salad Plates (Set of 4)
Dapper Animal Salad Plates
- Kaloh Dinnerware Set - Pink $24 – $32 Special $19 – $25
- Abstract Brushstroke Salad Plate - Pink/Gold $12 – $48 Special $9 – $48
- Richmond Speckled Dinnerware - Bone $32 – $136 Special $25 – $136
- Constellation Salad Plate $12 Special $9
- Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set - Black/White $32 – $129 Special $25 – $129
Pastel Speckle Mugs
- Organic Shaped Dinnerware Set Special $4 – $76
- Richmond Speckled Dinnerware - Warm Rose $32 – $136 Special $25 – $136
- Kaloh Dinnerware Set - Turquoise $24 – $32 Special $19 – $25
- Fishs Eddy Gilded Dinnerware Set $10 – $14 Special $8 – $11
- Textured Dinnerware Set - White $5 – $40 Special $4 – $32
- Kaloh Dinnerware Set - Amber $24 – $32 Special $19 – $25
- Rim Bone China Dinnerware - Brushed Blue $40 – $56 Special $32 – $44
- Kaloh Dinnerware Set - Black $24 – $101
- Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set - Bronze $32 – $40 Special $25 – $40
- Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set - White $32 – $122 Special $25 – $122
- Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set - Dusty Mint $32 – $129 Special $25 – $129
- Ocean Waves Dinnerware Set $56 – $248 Special $44 – $248
- Reactive Gray Speckle Dinnerware Set $32 – $136 Special $25 – $136
- Organic Shaped Dinnerware Set - Metallic Rimmed Special $6 – $98
- Spotted Dinnerware Set $32 – $40 Special $25 – $32
- Kaloh Dinnerware Set - Gray $24 – $101 Special $19 – $101
- Kaloh Dinnerware Set - White $24 – $101 Special $19 – $101
- Abstract Brushstroke Dinnerware Set $12 Special $9
Cat + Dog Mugs
- Rim Bone China Dinnerware Set $8 – $48 Special $6 – $48
- Gaya Shiny Ash Celadon Dinnerware Set $40 – $192 Special $32 – $192
Potter's Workshop Dinnerware Set - Yellow Dots
- ASPCA® Mugs $12 Special $9
- Vintage Print Mugs $10 Special $5 – $8
- Alta Reactive Glaze Dinnerware Set - White $24 – $112 Sale $14.99 – $112
- Alta Crackle Glaze Dinnerware Set - Light Gray $24 – $32 Sale $14.99 – $19.99
- Alta Crackle Glaze Dinnerware Set - Turquoise $24 – $112 Sale $14.99 – $112
- Terra Dinnerware Set - Ivory $24 Sale $14.99
40-Piece Gold Tableware Starter Set
- Square Dinnerware (Set of 4) $16 – $24 Sale $9.99 – $14.99
- Textured Salad Plates $32 Special $25 – $32
Collector's Editions Salad Plates
- Free Shipping
- Folk Pad Printed Bowls $8 Special $6 – $8
- Textured Dip Bowls $5 Special $4 – $5
- Fishs Eddy Nut Bowls $22.95 Special $18
- Abstract Round Mugs $10 Special $3.97
- Love is Love Mug (Set of 2) $25.95 Special $20
- Anthony Shapiro Mugs $10 Sale $3.99 – $6.99
Moscow Mule Mug
Palette Dinnerware Set - Light Pool
- Johanna Goodman Salad Plates $10 Sale $5.99
How to Decorate the Dining Room
Your dining room is the most social room in your entire home. In fact, bonding over a shared meal is a universal staple in cultures across the globe. It's only natural that you want to make your dining room as welcoming and inviting as it can be. west elm carries a wide array of furniture and decor that'll pull the room together and help you achieve the style you want for your home.
Dining Room Decorating Tips
Before you focus on your furniture and accessories, assess the features of your dining room. What makes your space special? How can you use its structural elements to your advantage? A big factor in maximizing built-in characteristics of your dining room is making the most of natural lighting. Windows are a plus, and arranging furnishings in a way that showcases the sunlight creates an open, friendly environment.
Next up on the list of priorities is how many people you want your dining room to accommodate. Even if you don't have dinner guests over on a regular basis, setting up the room to host dinner parties only gives you more options down the line. To that end, position the table and chairs in the center of the room to create a cozy ambiance and make sure to allow for plenty of space on either side for foot traffic.
Next is the big ticket decorating decisions: what's your favorite style? It doesn't matter if you live in a house, a condo, an apartment, or if your dining room is big or small. If you have your heart set on a particular theme, it's possible to make it come to life.
Decorate the Dining Room by Style
Whether your personal tastes lean toward the sleek aesthetic of modern interior design or you're interested in turning your dining room into a cozy haven, there are many styles and themes out there for you. With the right combination of furniture, color palette, serveware and glassware, you're all set to have the dining room of your dreams.
A popular choice for laidback interiors is the country (or rustic) style. These styles evoke the deep-rooted calm you could enjoy in a simpler place and time. The signature material for country dining rooms is wood. Key furniture elements include solid wood tables with square or rectangular tops, plain wood chairs with unvarnished surfaces, upholstered seat cushions and homey knickknacks. Wooden serveware and neutral color palettes will help accent the country style.
For those with an eye for throwback items and a deep sense of nostalgia, vintage dining room decorations are a solid choice. The ultimate perk with the vintage aesthetic is that you can combine heirloom and new furniture pieces. Vintage dining room furnishings put a premium on round wood tables with a white, aged finish. Buffets with accompanying glass cases make exhibiting your china and other dinnerware easy.
Anyone who avoids clutter and fussy furniture at all costs might like a minimalist dining room decoration. Furnishing your minimalist dining room is a breeze. The minimalist style favors subtle artistry, muted colors (especially white), crisp visuals, glass details and hard edges. You won't find any display cases or dining gear beyond the necessary and visually balanced.
If you're a moderate when it comes to dining room furnishings, a contemporary style might be right up your alley. Airy spaces and classic furniture give way to pragmatism and urban simplicity. Contemporary dining room decorations feature functionality above all else, so there won't be any excessive ornamental flourishes in the space. Contemporary serveware consists of standard sets of glasses, plates and silverware that you can use on any occasion.
There are so many design styles to choose from. Whichever one you pick, make sure it reflects your personal style and remember should always be fun!