Ocean Waves Dinner Plates (Set of 4)
Tin Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4)
Reactive Gray Speckle Dinner Plates (Set of 4)
- Rim Bone China Dinner Plates (Set of 4) $40
- Textured Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White (Dots) $40
- Textured Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White (Lines) $40
- Abstract Brushstroke Dinner Plates (Set of 4) $56
Kaloh Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White
Kaloh Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Gray
- Organic Shaped Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White $24 – $72 Special $24 – $65
- Organic Shaped Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Gold Rimmed $32 – $104 Special $32 – $94
- Organic Shaped Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Silver Rimmed $32 – $104 Special $32 – $94
- Seam Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White $32
- Seam Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Pale Pink $32
- Seam Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Dark Blue $32 Sale $19.99
- Reactive Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Black/White $40 – $136 Special $40 – $122
- Reactive Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Dusty Mint $40 – $136 Special $40 – $122
- Spotted Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Black/White $40
- Alta Reactive Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White $32
- Alta Reactive Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Turquoise $32
- Alta Reactive Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Light Gray $32
- Alta Reactive Glaze Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - Charcoal $32 Sale $19.99
- Fishs Eddy Gilded Dinner Plate - Black $14
- Fishs Eddy Gilded Scalloped Dinner Plate $14
- Celadon Dinner Plates (Set of 4) $56 Sale $39.99
Geometric Dinner Plates (Set of 4)
Enamelware Dinner Plates (Set of 4) - White/Black
- Online Only
When youʼre hosting a dinner party or just an intimate gathering of a few friends, you want everything to be perfect. This means having an attractive and functional tablecloth, runner and place mats; gorgeous flatware; appealing-looking napkins and napkin rings; and delightful dinner plates and dinnerware. The dinner plates you use are the focus of your place settings, and you have many options as far as styles, colors and patterns and materials from which to choose. At west elm, we make it possible for you to set a table that will have your guests asking you for help with their next gathering.
The dinner plates we have available come in sets of four, and most are either stoneware with a reactive glaze finish or glazed porcelain. Plain white dinner plates are often the rule of the day when it comes to setting a table, but those rules are neither hard nor fast. If you have a light-colored tablecloth, you may want to offset it with dark colors like glossy black, dark blue or cocoa. If you have a dark-colored table covering and you want your plating to stand out, consider yellow, turquoise or light blue dinner plates. Patterns are a nice option as well and can set the mood for a fun evening.
Dinner plates are nice, especially if you are only having one course. However, if you are showing off your culinary prowess in the kitchen by giving your guests a multicourse meal, you may wish to consider some of our dinnerware sets for your table. Our dinnerware sets feature either four- or five-piece place settings and consist of standard pieces like mugs, bowls, salad plates and dinner plates. Some sets offer you two sets of bowls like cereal bowls and pasta bowls. Like our dinner plates, your choices here are glazed porcelain and stoneware. Also like our dinner plates, the dishes are all dishwasher-safe, while only the ones that have metallic detailing are not safe for microwave use. White is the dominant color here as well, with some other options being pale gray, dark blue, charcoal and dusty mint, along with a variety of patterns.
When serving your meal, you want to consider having some sharp-looking serveware to use as well. Many of these pieces are good matches for your dinner plates and dinnerware and feature large oval serving platters and deep serving bowls for salads and vegetables. If youʼd prefer some contrast, you can choose other shapes for your platters like rectangular or octagonal, as well as fun and funky patterns featuring animals. For something a bit more rustic, we even have wooden bowls and serveware that look nice on any table. Add some sharp-looking stainless-steel serving utensils plated in gold or rose gold and youʼre good to go.
Match your selection of dinner plates and dinnerware with some shimmery flatware to complete your settings. Our flatware pieces are all stainless-steel based, with finish options being 24-karat gold, rose gold and matte black, along with ones without a finish. Each collection of flatware comes with five different utensils – teaspoon, tablespoon, salad fork, dinner fork and dinner knife – and are available by the setting or in groups of four or 12 settings. If you are serving large cuts of meat for your get-together – think pork blade chops or Porterhouse steak – some high-quality steak knives are in order. Our knives are forged from stainless-steel or high-carbon steel and give you the option of wooden or weighted stainless-steel handles and serrated or nonserrated blades. Finish setting up your table with a classy-looking set of salt and pepper shakers, and then you are ready to wow your guests with a table setting you might see in decorating magazines.