- Mobile Chandelier - Large $299
- Mobile Chandelier - Grand $399
- Mobile Chandelier - Small $199
Sphere + Stem 3-Light Chandelier + Flushmount - Brass
- New Colors
Sphere + Stem 3-Light Chandelier + Flushmount - Bronze
- New Colors
Sphere + Stem 6-Light Chandelier + Flushmount - Brass
- New Colors
Sphere + Stem 6-Light Chandelier - Bronze
- New Colors
- Sphere + Stem 7-Light Chandelier + Semi-Flushmount $499
Capiz Zigzag Chandelier
- Capiz Tiered Chandelier $399
Round Capiz Chandelier - White
Large Rectangle Hanging Capiz Chandelier - White
- Capiz Round Pendant - White $159
- Sputnik Chandelier $499
- Staggered Glass Chandelier - 9-Light $499
- Staggered Glass Chandelier - 12-Light $699
- Floral Burst Chandelier $399
- Glass Disc Chandelier + Flushmount $499
- Trough Chandelier + Flushmount $399
- Glass Cylinder Chandelier $499
- Duo Walled Rectangular Chandelier $549 Special $384
- Conical Branching Chandelier $499 Sale $349.99
- Pelle Chandelier - Gooseneck $799 Special $559
- Eclipse Chandelier $349 Sale $239.99
- Bower LED Chandelier $499 Special $349
- Zenith Chandelier $699
- Sleeved Crystal Chandelier $699
- Sculptural Glass Geo 3-Light Chandelier - Medium $297
- Sculptural Glass Geo 3-Light Chandelier - Mixed $307
- Sculptural Glass Geo 3-Light Chandelier - Small $237
- Sculptural Glass Globe 3-Light Chandelier - Medium $297
- Sculptural Glass Globe 3-Light Chandelier - Mixed $307
- Sculptural Glass Globe 3-Light Chandelier - Small $237
- Sculptural Glass 3-Light Chandelier - Mixed $307
- Sculptural Glass Pebble 3-Light Chandelier - Medium $297
- Sculptural Glass Pebble 3-Light Chandelier - Mixed $307
- Sculptural Glass Pebble 3-Light Chandelier - Small $237
- Sculptural Glass Geo 7-Light Chandelier - Mixed $638
- Sculptural Glass Geo 7-Light Chandelier - Small $498
- Sculptural Glass Globe 7-Light Chandelier - Mixed $558
- Sculptural Glass Pebble 7-Light Chandelier - Mixed $558
- Sculptural Glass Pebble 7-Light Chandelier - Small $498
- Sarah Colson Chandelier $249 Sale $149.99
Didn't find the chandelier you were looking for?
Shop for a wide assortment of quality, decorative and elegant chandeliers from our other brands.
How to Pick the Perfect Chandelier
Chandeliers are the perfect way to add drama to your home. Think about the moment when you first walk into a room. You look around at the furnishings and everything in the room comes together to create the cohesive look. The seating, the lighting and the wall art are all part of the effect. When you add a chandelier from us at west elm, that chandelier not only brightens up the whole space, but also adds grace and elegance to the room. When choosing a chandelier, it is important to consider the size and style of the piece you select.
Choosing a Size
Chandeliers often become the dramatic focal point of a room, but it’s still important to consider their dimensions so they harmonize with rather than overwhelm the space. Fortunately, there’s an easy formula to help you determine how large a chandelier should be so it’s the right proportions for a room. If you’re interested in circular chandeliers, measure the length and width of the room in feet. Add those two numbers together; the sum is the rough diameter in inches that your chandelier should be.
For a rectangular chandelier above your dining table, the calculation is simple; the fixture should be about two-thirds of the length of your dining table in inches. A width of about 10" to 12" is usually suitable for chandeliers above most rectangular and oval-shaped dining tables.
Chandeliers come in lots of different heights. That’s great news because rooms and the amount of available space varies from home to home and from room to room. Aside from the diameter or length and width, you’ll also want to consider how much drop the chandelier has – or how low it hangs in the room. Traditionally, chandeliers over dining tables hang about 30" to 36" inches from the top of the table. In a foyer or other space where people will be moving around under the chandelier, the bottom of the fixture should end about 7' from the floor to provide enough clearance to walk under.
Traditional or Contemporary Chandeliers
Chandeliers have traditionally been placed in the center of a room that has a high ceiling. This is because chandeliers hang down, and a high ceiling gives extra clearance above people’s heads. Modern chandeliers, however, come in a variety of styles that include both traditional dangling styles and low-profile designs that accommodate lower ceilings. p>
Choose a chandelier that suits your decor to create that just-so look. The right contemporary chandelier adds the perfect edgy vibe to a modern or industrial decor scheme. A traditional sparkling chandelier with dangling crystals and a shimmering mirrored base adds just the right touch of elegance and panache to a formal dining room or a fancy living room. Even a room decorated in rustic decor works with the right chandelier. For these simple, classic decorating styles, choose a chandelier that has clean, simple lines to match your sofa or loveseat.
Colors and Materials
The colors in your room and the materials used in making the chandelier are also things to consider when looking for the perfect chandelier. For example, a room filled with luxurious, Victorian style furniture and deep, rich colors is going to deliver an amazing visual impact with a large, sparkling silver or gold-toned chandelier. A more casual room with a modern style sofa and heavy bookcases is going to create the most cohesive, peaceful aura with a simple, geometrically styled iron chandelier with simple bulbs and covers. For a more modern look in any space, a globe-shaped chandelier imparts an industrial vibe when fabricated from steel or wrought iron.
With these helpful considerations in mind, it’s easy to select a chandelier that harmonizes with your space. Think about size and style, and start your search!