Jute Boucle Rug
An everyday classic, this handwoven rug is made in southern India from jute—a highly sustainable, rapidly renewable resource and a particularly durable material. Available in an array of colors, this beautifully textured rug is also reversible.
- 100% jute fibers.
- Ethically handcrafted to Nest standards to directly support the workers behind it.
- Due to the natural variations that occur within jute, slight variations in color are to be expected.
- Shedding of loose fibers is normal with new rugs.
- Shedding will diminish with regular vacuuming, typically within three to six months.
- Rug Pad recommended (sold separately).
- Made in India.
- Select items are online/catalog only.
Details + Dimensions
- 2'w x 3'l.
- 3'w x 5'l.
- 5'w x 8'l.
- 8'w x 10'l.
- 9'w x 12'l.
- 2.5'w x 7'l. (Runner)
- Vacuum regularly on a low-power setting to prevent debris from settling into roots of the fibers. Use a vacuum cleaner without a beater brush as it may cause damage to the pile. For best results, vacuum from different directions, making several passes over the area.
- Shedding of loose fibers will occur but will diminish over time. Expect the most shedding to occur within the first 3—6 months.
- Remove spills immediately; if liquid, blot with clean, un-dyed cloth by pressing firmly around the spill to absorb as much as possible. For hard-to-remove stains, professional rug cleaning is recommended.
- Avoid direct and continuous exposure to sunlight.
- Use rug protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening piles.
- Do not pull loose ends. Clip them with scissors to remove.
- Store your rug by rolling it front side out and wrapping in cloth for protection. Do not fold or store rug in an airtight plastic bag. Place in dry, well-ventilated area.
- To protect your investment, use a rug pad. A rug pad provides traction between the rug and floor to prevent slipping. It adds padding, keeps the rug smooth and flat, and prevents color transfer.
- Rotate or reposition your rug and/or rug pad every 3 months. This will aide in a more uniform floor surface patina and decrease the likelihood of the rug pad or exposed backing adhering to the floor surface where they are placed. Rotating your rug will promote even wear on the surface and extend the life of the rug.
Shipping + Returns
Items sized 8' x 10' and under ship via Front Door Delivery. Items sized 9' x 12' and over ship via Flat Rate Delivery. The overall shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping options. View Shipping Rates and Options
- Front Door items ship from our Distribution Center by UPS and arrive to your home within 4-5 business days of order receipt.
- With Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery, an unlimited number of eligible furniture and select oversized items can be delivered for a single flat rate. Flat Rate items include our premium White Glove Service and are delivered to your home by appointment to your room of choice—they are then unpacked and fully assembled, but not installed*.
*Flat Rate items that do not include White Glove Service are select lighting, oversized mirrors, rugs and headboards that need to be attached to a bed frame.
Have more questions regarding shipping? Please visit our Shipping Information page.
You can return eligible items within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items and Made-to-Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before starting the process.
How to return:
- Return to Stores: You can return most non-furniture items to your local west elm store for free.
Items not eligible for return:
- Made-to-Order (MTO) items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Drop Ship items, with the exception of wall art
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
Jute Boucle Rug
|Jute Boucle Rug, 9'x12', Flax||$549||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 9'x12' Platinum||No longer available||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 9'x12', Ivory||$549||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 8'x10', Flax||$399||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 8'x10' Platinum||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 8'x10', Ivory||$399||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 5'x8', Flax||$199||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 5'x8' Platinum||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 5'x8', Ivory||$199||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2.5'x12', Flax||$129||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2.5'x12' Platinum||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2.5'x7', Flax||$79||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2.5'x7' Platinum||$79||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2.5'x7', Ivory||$79||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2'x3', Flax||$29||$0|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2'x3' Platinum||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 2'x3', Ivory||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 3'x5' Platinum||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|
|Jute Boucle Rug, 3'x5', Ivory||No Longer Available||No Longer Available|