Ideas + Advice
- Bedding 101
- Sheets Buying Guide
- Layer Your Bed Like A Stylist
- Tips For Keeping White Bedding Bright
- How To: Create The Perfect Lazy Sunday
- How To: Style Your Dresser
- How To: Fold A Fitted Sheet
- How To: Put On A Duvet Cover
- How To Shop For An Upholstered Bed
- Choosing The Perfect Pillow
- Choosing Your Duvet
- Choose The Right Bed + Headboard
- Inspiration: Bedrooms
- Inspiration: Pillows + Throws
- Registry Do's + Don'ts
- Behind The Design
- Choosing Paint Colors
- Choose The Right Curtains
- How To: Hang Curtains
- Choose The Right Rug
- How To Create The Ultimate Spa Bathroom
- A Guide To Towels
- How To Style Your Bookshelves Like A Pro
- Get Organized With Baskets
- LED Lighting Guide
- Choose The Right Light
- Behind the Scenes: Tour Our Makers Studio
- All About Wallpaper
- Create A Wood–Paneled Wall
- How To: Create A Gallery Wall
- Decorating With White
- How To Decorate With Color
- Behind The Scenes: Miami
Outdoor + Plants
How To Create A Great Outdoor Space
One of the best things about summer is entertaining—and living—outdoors. Decorate your patio or deck with the same attention to style as you do inside and take your outdoor game to a whole new level.
Accessorize The Outdoors
Add vibrant outdoor pillows to introduce color and pattern. Our outdoor pillows are water–and fade–resistant (bonus: with recycled fill) and are easy to mix and match to change up the look of your patio or pool.
Anchor The Space
An outdoor rug (just like an indoor one) adds texture and warmth, creates a focal point and organizes your seating arrangement.
Light Makes Things Magical
Outline your space in string lights, and add romance with candles. (There's no such thing as too much candlelight!) Use lanterns to highlight corners and illuminate stairs and pathways to define the space (and make for safer stepping). Opt for citronella candles to banish bugs.
Outdoor Poufs + Beanbags
When you need a few more seats in the yard or on the deck, poufs and beanbags are fun, comfy, portable and colorful.
Landscape With Planters
Add planters filled with flowering plants and greenery, from grasses to succulents, of varied heights and textures. Lush planters clustered in bare corners or framing your seating area add another level of polish—not to mention color and fragrance.
Layer In Throws
Lightweight throws add summery hues and soft texture to your seating. They're great to have on hand for guests to wrap up in on cool evenings.
Hang "Art," Even Outdoors
If you have a boring, bare exterior wall, try a woven macramé hanging or a selection of hanging plant pots to create a striking backdrop.
And don't forget:
- Large trays— great for toting food, drinks and tableware, they make cleanup a lot easier, too.
- Unbreakable acrylic glassware and melamine plates— ideal for outdoors, and a more eco-friendly (and stylish!) choice than disposable paper and plastic.
- Outdoor furniture covers— a worthwhile investment to protect your furniture in rainy weather + winter, extending its life and good looks.