Ideas + Advice
- Bedding 101
- A Guide to Sheets
- Layer Your Bed Like A Stylist
- How To: Create The Perfect Lazy Sunday
- How To: Style Your Dresser
- How To: Fold A Fitted Sheet
- How To: Put On A Duvet Cover
- How To Shop For An Upholstered Bed
- Build A Perfect Bed Tool
- Choosing The Perfect Pillow
- Choosing Your Duvet
- Choose The Right Bed + Headboard
- Inspiration: Bedrooms
- Inspiration: Pillows + Throws
- Registry Do's + Don'ts
- Behind The Design
- Choosing Paint Colors
- Choose The Right Curtains
- How To: Hang Curtains
- Choose The Right Rug
- Get Organized With Baskets
- LED Lighting Guide
- Choose The Right Light
- Behind the Scenes: Tour Our Makers Studio
- Create A Wood–Paneled Wall
- How To: Create A Gallery Wall
- Decorating With White
- Behind The Scenes: Miami
Top 10 Registry Dos + Don'ts
Our #1 Rule when it comes to creating a gift registry is, really, that there are no rules. It's about choosing the items that best suit your style, will enrich your daily life and will bring you joy.
That said, the registry process can be a bit daunting when you're just starting out. Consider this a jumping–off point for what you may need. The rest is up to you!
1. DO say yes to impromptu entertaining! DON'T let a small space stop you.
Our foldaway Butler Tray Stand turns into a flexible side table, perfect for an impromptu bar or snack–serving setup. Stash it under your bed when not in use!
2. DO go for a set of everyday white dishes. DON'T forget to make it your own.
Classic white dishes will never go out of style. Use a neutral collection to set a foundation, then make it pop with punchy salad plates and tabletop accents.
3. DO pick glassware you love. DON'T go overboard.
You don't have to register for every type of bar glass. Choose one or two that has your favorite cocktails covered, and mix it in with your other stemware. (Don't fall victim to a boring bar cabinet! An assortment of mixed glassware keeps things interesting.)
4. DO work as a team on your registry. DON'T shop for one.
Make sure you + your partner each register for items you love. The bar is a great example: Check off the essentials to make each of your go–to drinks for an even happier happy hour!
5. DO think double–duty. DON'T underestimate the value of a bar cart.
Consider the bar cart one of the most versatile registry items. It can double as an entry organizer, kitchen pantry, bath caddy, bedroom vanity + more.
6. DO go for the gold. DON'T be afraid to use it every day.
Sleek gold flatware has become a modern–day classic. Choose a scratch–resistant, dishwasher–safe set like our Smith Gold Flatware so you can use it for everyday and special occasions alike.
7. DO start with the basics. DON'T be basic.
Create a canvas with a crisp white organic sheet set—you can never have too many. Add color with an upholstered headboard, patterned pillows or a colorful duvet + sham set. Switch up your layers seasonally (think textured jacquards, flannel or Belgian flax linen) to keep your look fresh.
8. DO commit to a crush–worthy bed. DON'T forget to set your alarm!
Get the right pillows + bedding foundations so you never want to get out of bed. Love the plush feeling of down but not a fan of feathers? Go with our Premium Down Alternative, designed with moisture–wicking fibers to keep you cool during the night.
Pro Tip: Stuff two inserts into your duvet cover for five–star comfort. (We do this in stores to make our beds extra plush.) But be warned: a sink–right–in bed may increase your risk of oversleeping.
9. DO bring the outdoors in. DON'T forget to water.
Guests love giving gifts to help make your house a home–and nothing makes a space homier than a plant! Let them contribute the perfect container for holding the plant that will grow with you and that you'll nurture for years to come. Choose a terrarium for a stylish centerpiece and a floor planter to instantly cozify a corner.
10. DO consider a monogram. DON'T just think of the here + now.
While you're registering for some needs you have today, be sure to also think about the home you're building for the future. Our bedding, glassware and frames can be monogrammed, each making for a special, timeless heirloom piece that you'll cherish for years to come.