Ideas + Advice
- Bedding 101
- Layer Your Bed Like A Stylist
- Tips For Keeping White Bedding Bright
- How To: Create The Perfect Lazy Sunday
- How To: Style Your Dresser
- How To: Fold A Fitted Sheet
- How To: Put On A Duvet Cover
- How To Shop For An Upholstered Bed
- Choosing The Perfect Pillow
- Choosing Your Duvet
- Choose The Right Bed + Headboard
- Inspiration: Bedrooms
- Inspiration: Pillows + Throws
- Registry Do's + Don'ts
- Behind The Design
- Choosing Paint Colors
- Choose The Right Curtains
- How To: Hang Curtains
- Choose The Right Rug
- How To Create The Ultimate Spa Bathroom
- A Guide To Towels
- How To Style Your Bookshelves Like A Pro
- Get Organized With Baskets
- LED Lighting Guide
- Choose The Right Light
- Behind the Scenes: Tour Our Makers Studio
- All About Wallpaper
- Create A Wood–Paneled Wall
- How To: Create A Gallery Wall
- Decorating With White
- How To Decorate With Color
- Behind The Scenes: Miami
Entertaining + Holiday
A Guide To Great Gifting
Choosing a gift can be challenging—especially when you're under deadline pressure. Here, some ideas and tips we hope will help make the process easier. And don't forget, our store associates are always happy to help you find just the right gift for any occasion!
1. Think About What They Like
Do they love to cook or entertain? A set of modern serving utensils or copper Moscow Mule mugs might be just the thing. Gardener? Gift her a new planter to fill. Is he into music? Try great wireless speakers. Avid reader? Bookends always come in handy.
2. Make It Personal
Whether it's a tote with her hometown, a mug with his dog's breed, a pillow with her zodiac sign, or a gift monogrammed with their initials—they'll know this gift was chosen specially for them. Or have a special date (like a wedding or graduation) or address engraved on a photo frame or decorative box.
3. Buy Something They Wouldn't Buy Themselves
This is a great strategy for gifting success. Choose something that's pampering or a bit of a splurge—like a generously sized triple—wick candle, a luxe faux fur throw or silky Mongolian lamb pillow, or a sleek bar set.
4. Choose Something Unique
Gifts have extra meaning when they've been made by hand, are locally crafted or are gifts that give back.
5. Notice What They Need
Make a mental note if a friend or family member says they wish they had a good coffeemaker or they're always running out of wine glasses. Or if they compliment something of yours—like a soft throw or a serving bowl—get them one of their own.
6. Combine Gifts Into a Set Or Basket
This makes for a creative presentation: Give a vase with a bouquet of flowers; a coffee press with your favorite local roast; margarita makings with glasses + a pitcher; or ingredients for guacamole with a chip + dip set.
7. Rely On Always–Right Gifts
There are certain gifts people can almost always use or enjoy—picture frames (bonus points if you fill it with a personal photo); a terrarium (add plants), candles, a beautiful vase or box, nice coasters, a great cheese board, or wine glasses (because, accidents!).
8. Give A Gift That's Just For Fun
Maybe they love llamas, cats or the Eiffel Tower. Maybe a grown–up snow globe will make them smile at the office, or an animal planter will bring a touch of whimsy to their home.
9. Buy In Multiples
Find a great gift? Stock up. There's nothing wrong with giving lots of people on your list a luxe throw or a chic set of cheese knives. This is a lifesaver at Christmas, when you seem to need endless Secret Santa or teacher gifts.
10. Go In Together With Friends Or Family
This way, you can splurge on a pricier gift they can really use, whether it's a bar cart they've been eyeing, or a framed piece of art.
11. Upgrade an everyday classic
Who wouldn't like to trade up to a really good set of measuring cups or cutting board, well–designed desk accessories, or even a great–looking water bottle?
12. The always–fits, always–right, no–return gift
If you're unsure or pressed for time, people always love getting gift cards and picking out exactly what they want for themselves!