Ideas + Advice
- Bedding 101
- Layer Your Bed Like A Stylist
- Tips For Keeping White Bedding Bright
- How To: Create The Perfect Lazy Sunday
- How To: Style Your Dresser
- How To: Fold A Fitted Sheet
- How To: Put On A Duvet Cover
- How To Shop For An Upholstered Bed
- Choosing The Perfect Pillow
- Choosing Your Duvet
- Choose The Right Bed + Headboard
- Inspiration: Bedrooms
- Inspiration: Pillows + Throws
- Registry Do's + Don'ts
- Behind The Design
- Choosing Paint Colors
- Choose The Right Curtains
- How To: Hang Curtains
- Choose The Right Rug
- How To Create The Ultimate Spa Bathroom
- A Guide To Towels
- How To Style Your Bookshelves Like A Pro
- Get Organized With Baskets
- LED Lighting Guide
- Choose The Right Light
- Behind the Scenes: Tour Our Makers Studio
- All About Wallpaper
- Create A Wood–Paneled Wall
- How To: Create A Gallery Wall
- Decorating With White
- How To Decorate With Color
- Behind The Scenes: Miami
Outdoor + Plants
10 Ways To Get Ready For Summer
What's not to love about lazy afternoons with no agenda other than poolside lounging? Or cool evenings spent dining al fresco + hanging with friends 'til long past sunset?
Summer is Mother Nature's golden child—and a state of mind. With a quick refresh, you can put your entire space on summer mode, indoors and out. Here are 10 easy tips for "summerizing" your space:
1. Create Your Outdoor Living Space
Make the most of summer by spending as much time outside as possible. You can furnish your outdoor space with your favorite indoor amenities, whether you're outfitting a small space with a bistro table + chairs or have room for a large sectional by the pool.
- Comfy Seating: Opt for all-weather furniture that doesn't sacrifice comfort or style. Look for plush weather-resistant cushions, perfect for backyard naps.
- Pillows That Pop: Brighten + soften your seating instantly with a mix of patterned water-resistant pillows. Choose from ikats, ombres, tassels + more.
- Outdoor Rugs: Add something soft underfoot. Woven from recycled materials, our durable indoor/outdoor rugs are softer than wool. They're easy to care for and lend a pop of color + pattern.
2. Make Entertaining Easy
The spirit of summer is zero stress so entertaining should be just that, from backyard BBQs to impromptu patio cocktails. Serve up style with lightweight, unbreakable dinnerware that's dishwasher safe. Mix + match patterns and colors—the more, the merrier!
3. Create A Plantscape
Landscape your patio with a group of sculptural planters to create a lush oasis of greenery + flowers. They come in different heights, shapes and colors so you can mix and match to create your own custom terrace or deck design.
- Easy Watering: Look for planters lined with a drainage insert, like our frost-proof Cityscape Planters, for low-maintenance plant care.
4. Amp Up Summer Romance
A cluster of flickering lanterns creates instant ambience indoors or out.
- Inside: Fill your fireplace with a skyline of hurricanes—you won't be using firewood during the summer months!
- Outside: Use lanterns to define your outdoor space with a cluster by the pool or lined along a walkway.
- All Around: Choose one silhouette in varied heights for a dramatic tabletop effect.
5. Add Soothing Color
6. Bare Your Floors
To lighten your look for summer, opt for smaller rugs like runners and 2'x3's. These add a pop of pattern to your entry and help prevent tracking dirt into your home after gardening or playing in the yard.
- Did You Know: Our durable indoor/outdoor rugs are woven from recycled plastic bottles but are softer than wool. They're easy to care for and work anywhere—from playroom to entry to patio!
7. Go Glam
Turn up the heat with copper touches to your summer entertaining. They lend warmth and instantly dress up your everyday dining, so kick your cocktail hour up a notch with our copper barware!
8. Boost the Power of Baskets
Baskets are a household best friend in the summertime. Consider a basket for:
- The Entryway: Keep your go-to outdoor essentials—like flip-flops, beach towels and tennis rackets—ready to grab on your way out the door.
- The Guestroom: Set aside a stash of extra bedding, towels + toiletries so guests can help themselves.
- Outdoor Entertaining: Store a set of melamine tableware, plastic glassware, candles and cloth napkins in one place for impromptu entertaining with ease.
9. Summerize Your Bed
For prime summer slumber, opt for super-soft, lightweight layers for your bed in soft colors. (We love pastels for just the right hint of color!)
- Remember: White layers aren't just for summer; a white blanket topper adds a welcome extra layer as the seasons shift.
10. Bring The Outdoors In
Colorful planters create a lush focal point in any room. Transform a "dead" corner with a grouping of planters in multiple sizes and heights, paired with different textures and types of plants. Or, create a terrarium centerpiece that you can refresh seasonally for a constant conversation sparker.